• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Every TAB take could be on this thread. He's the dude that said going to a Jason Isbell concert was just watching a fat drunk redneck sing mediocre karaoke. This was right after the release of Southeastern. TAB is probably my favorite poster on the board. You would think that just based off of probability he'd have to get something right sometime, but he continues to defy logic.

Every TAB take could be on this thread. He's the dude that said going to a Jason Isbell concert was just watching a fat drunk redneck sing mediocre karaoke. This was right after the release of Southeastern. TAB is probably my favorite poster on the board. You would think that just based off of probability he'd have to get something right sometime, but he continues to defy logic.

Definitely an unpopular opinion.

True Detective Season 1
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones

All better than BB.

Also, Apple products are trash.

I think one of The Office/ Parks and Rec/Always Sunny/South Park need to be in the top 5. Top can't have a top five of nothing but dramas.

I agree with True Detectives Season 1 on top though.

People who have kids in their 20s are fucking idiots. End take.

I used to think that way. Now I’m staring down the barrel of 40 with a 4 year old and a baby. I’ll be 56 when the youngest graduates high school.

Nope.

Farrar >>> Tweedy >>>>>> Ryan Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isbell

His later stuff is a *little* better but Drive by Truckers was/is trash.

People who have kids in their 20s are fucking idiots. End take.

I used to think that way. Now I’m staring down the barrel of 40 with a 4 year old and a baby. I’ll be 56 when the youngest graduates high school.

Nah, here's the thing...even though you are comparably poorer in your 20s and early 30s, your capacity to have fun / travel is so much greater. So the trade off is endless free time when you actually (i) have the get up and go to travel (ii) are still young and hot (this doesnt apply to most of you, keep reading), and (iii) have a bunch of kid free friends who are willing to go party and travel all the time.

In summary, I would much rather have a few free years in my mid 30s over a few free years in my mid to late 50s. What are you going to do at that point? Go on one of those expensive Euro riverboat cruises? Weeeeeeeee!

Also dog ppl / dog culture is trash. Have kids like a normal fucking person and stop living with dirty animals. Your clothes and your house look like shit with all the hair. We notice.

People who hate dogs are probably legit psychopaths and shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Back