• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

The infantilization of language is another thing altogether. I find this a compelling set of arguments: postmodernopenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/PO_June2014_1_39to55.pdf

Wanted to fire my dog walker for repeatedly calling my dog "our fur baby"

“Fur baby” is the worst.

An academic friend told a few of us she was pregnant. Another guy asked if the child was her first and she said “Yes unless you count my cat.”

Horrible.

You guys get it... Fur baby is another terrible one. You should hear the shit the 22-30 year old white chicks say when I take Maverick for walks down the light rail trail.

You guys get it... Fur baby is another terrible one. You should hear the shit the 22-30 year old white chicks say when I take Maverick for walks down the light rail trail.

"Look at that old guy with his cute doggy !"

"Cute dog. Please stop humping my leg, loser !"

"I bet you used to be almost half as cute as your little bundle of fur !"

"No, I don't want to go back to your condo and pet your fur baby !"

"OMG, you took your poor little doggo to a CrossFit gym ?"

Last edited:
There is little to no overlap between the group of folks who say fur baby and the group of folks who actually have kids.

"Look at that old guy with his cute doggy !"

"Cute dog. Please stop humping my leg, loser !"

"I bet you used to be almost half as cute as your little bundle of fur !"

"No, I don't want to go back to your condo and pet your fur baby !"

"OMG, you took your poor little doggo to a CrossFit gym ?"

No olds live on the light rail. This ain't Cornelius.

Mad Men through season 4 belongs in the discussion of great TV. The last 3 (4?) seasons were mostly awful and tarnished the show's legacy.

Same with Game of Thrones. The past couple of seasons ruined its place in the hierarchy for a while.

It’s been long enough since I saw mad men that I’ve mostly forgotten the bad parts and remember it as a great show.

"Ask" as a noun has origins in the 19th century: https://www.dailywritingtips.com/is-ask-a-noun/. So not only is it a super weird thing to be that angry about, but it's not new. If anything, it was probably popularized by sales bros trying to close deals in the 80s.

Even the author in the link you posted says that, outside of context-specific trade lingo like the stock market or card games, it "is not even good informal English".

Back