• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I think lobster is the most overrated. If it were as common as shrimp, most of the appeal would be gone.

The existence of lobster rolls alone invalidates this position IMO

The existence of lobster rolls alone invalidates this position IMO

You’re right. Lobster rolls really hit the spot if you want to pay $20 for a hot dog bun with some chopped up seafood. I’ll take a shrimp or oyster po boy.

lowes being a high end grocery store is def an unpopular opinion.

they've def upped their game. the older stores like the one on Reynolda near campus is pretty much a Food Lion, or at least was while I was in school in the mid-2000s. but newer ones like those in OIB and Pawleys are quite nice. Haven't been in one in Winston in years so can't attest to those.

Mediocre caviar, sure. But really good caviar is exponentially better and is defs not overrated.

Same goes for shrimp. If all you’ve had are the mini shrimp that come in the bagged stir fry, of course you think it’s overrated.

Honestly, I’m surprised that caviar isn’t discussed more frequently on the Wake Forest boards.

they've def upped their game. the older stores like the one on Reynolda near campus is pretty much a Food Lion, or at least was while I was in school in the mid-2000s. but newer ones like those in OIB and Pawleys are quite nice. Haven't been in one in Winston in years so can't attest to those.

Lowe's is definitely trying to up their game. The newer stores and the remodeled stores are pretty nice. But the older ones are mediocre at best.

Publix sucks. There’s a Publix directly across the street from our HT and I literally only go there when I need cranberry walnut bread or it’s absolutely pouring (covered parking.)

publix is good for fried chicken, subs and baked goods

i do enjoy that someone, long ago, thought to themselves, "You know, I think what people want in a grocery store brand is a combination of the tangible product and jungle cats."

i do enjoy that someone, long ago, thought to themselves, "You know, I think what people want in a grocery store brand is a combination of the tangible product and jungle cats."

Makes sense in a world of Piggly Wiggly.

I think Lowes is pricey & high end but that’s because I shop at Walmart, Aldi, and Lidl.

It was originally called Food Town.

it is kinda amazing the grocery chains headquartered in NC with HT, Ingles, Food Lion, Lowes

Back