• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I find that I absolutely stink when I wear a moisture wicking shirt as opposed to a regular cotton t-shirt. That's not to say that there aren't benefits, but I find that to be a drawback.

I find that I absolutely stink when I wear a moisture wicking shirt as opposed to a regular cotton t-shirt. That's not to say that there aren't benefits, but I find that to be a drawback.

Those shirts definitely hold a stink more than regular shirts. You have to wash them pretty soon after sweating in them.

weird take when White Christmas specifically uses Christmas as a plot mechanism

kinda. they go up to the hotel at Christmas time but it's more just about a bunch of songs and dances that are decidedly not Christmas songs, like, say, the minstrel show song.

kinda. they go up to the hotel at Christmas time but it's more just about a bunch of songs and dances that are decidedly not Christmas songs, like, say, the minstrel show song.

yeah but they're using Christmas to save the lodge with a Christmas variety show

Wow. This is the right thread. How the hell do you run in cotton?

I don't

I go no shirt

too much nipple chafing with any shirt

cotton tanks or even regular t-shirts are better for lifting, hoops, etc.

I really only go for a run outside when the weather is nice

that said, when I play basketball I’m bringing at least three shirts and a couple sweatbands or bandannas and a few towels

I sweat a lot

I just don’t like the feel of dry fit stuff and they get pretty heavy from the sweat too

white christmas is not really a christmas movie. and, it sucks.

i mean, it's a 50's buddy 'comedy' musical. they all basically suck.

the contention is that Die Hard is more of a christmas movie than white christmas. that's still a dumb take.

i mean, it's a 50's buddy 'comedy' musical. they all basically suck.

the contention is that Die Hard is more of a christmas movie than white christmas. that's still a dumb take.

Die Hard is a movie that takes place at Christmas, but that doesn't make it a Christmas movie. You could set it at any other time of the year and have basically the same movie. To be a Christmas movie, Christmas has to be essential to the plot.

If Christmas Story were about Ralphie's birthday and not named Christmas Story and didn't involve Santa or getting a tree or decorating for Christmas, it wouldn't be a Christmas movie.

in 2020, it is no longer interesting to discuss whether or not Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Die Hard takes place at a fucking Christmas Party. How is that not essential to the plot ?

And he’s visiting his wife and kids over the holidays.

The building is mostly empty because it’s Christmas.

Back