• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Yeah breakfast food is hard to screw up, chain or otherwise.

I’ll admit, I see that Applebee’s commercial where it’s 5 boneless wings (aka frozen chicken nuggets) for $1 when you get a burger and think that’s probably a pretty good deal. Despite all the premade microwaved salt laden shit they serve, a burger is probably made fresh and can’t possibly be THAT bad. If the price is right on the burger that might be a decent combo deal. Of course I don’t even know where there’s an Applebee’s here since I think my generation killed them.

dude just go to cookout. you can get chicken nuggets and a corndog as your sides.

Used to love going to Chili’s when we were poor growing up. Once or twice a year we still get the urge and it hits the spot although they’ve tried to fancy up the menu some.

Chili’s is superior to Applebee’s. It’s probably top tier chain casual.

I used to always hit up the Atl airport Chili’s on layovers to and from school. I don’t think it’s there anymore.

I vividly remember viewing Chili's as being fine dining while I was at Wake. Not quite on the upscale level of that Benihana style place, but still quite the upgrade from my 1 traffic light rural roots.

I had fond memories of Olive Garden and the wife not being from here saw a commercial and we both went all excited and given I've probably exposed her to dat 1%'er foodie lifestyle she was not impressed with the endless breadsticks. I feel like Carrabbas is the median of chain restaurants, and I feel like Texas Roadhouse is a top 10% chain franchise. You can't go wrong with endless peanuts you can just throw on the ground and let the plebs clean up after you.

Last edited:
I like Olive Garden and Carabbas equally but Carabbas is definitely a tier above. Haven’t been to either in a long time. I think we went to OG before going to see Cars 3. Carabbas was long before that.

You can still throw peanuts on the ground at Texas Roadhouse? I thought they stopped that in like 2005, at least at the one in Las Vegas. Or maybe that was Longhorn? Idk, haven’t been to either since.

I feel like we had this chain restaurant discussion super early on this thread. Not an unpopular opinion in society but defs unpopular on this board.

Used to crush Ruby Tuesday soup with salad bar. Gimme that mayonnaised as hell pasta salad.

you might as well hit golden corral

Last edited:
I liked Chilis when they had their Chipotle Blue Cheese burger. but they got rid of that in like 2006. They also used to do free chips and salsa, also gone. Did there used to be a Chilis in the Charlotte airport? My last Chilis dining experience was in an airport, and I think it was a USAirways hub. Could have been DFW.

I have no use for Olive Garden and Carabbas. They are both surprisingly overpriced and not good. You’re far better off going to your local Italian restaurant.

I have no use for Olive Garden and Carabbas. They are both surprisingly overpriced and not good. You’re far better off going to your local Italian restaurant.

I have a Carabbas gift card that I haven't used in a year. They're OK in a pinch, but I could find a better Italian place everywhere I have lived. I also still have an Outback Steakhouse card that I got in 2016.

carrabas isn't BAD like OG is. I also liked macaroni grill back in the day - their bread was pretty good if memory serves.

Fiamma and stagioni are my italian spots in charlotte.

dude just go to cookout. you can get chicken nuggets and a corndog as your sides.

Lol let me be clear I’m not actually going. It just gave me pause for a second. I’d do cookout over that 10/10 times because I could easily get 2X the calories at cookout for the same amount of money.

Unless you live in a town with no traffic lights, that is twenty miles from the next town, what would motivate you to eat at Olive Garden or Carrabas over a local Italian restaurant?

Unless you live in a town with no traffic lights, that is twenty miles from the next town, what would motivate you to eat at Olive Garden or Carrabas over a local Italian restaurant?

Best Italian food I've ever had was on a dirt road between Elkin and Wilkesboro. It was only open 3 days a week, but closed because the lady that ran it was around 100 years old.

Most small town tomato sauces taste like the aluminum can they were poured out of. (Looking at you Theo)

Back