• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

wait aren't poodles dumb as shit? or is that a cocker spaniel?

poodles are a top two or three intelligent breed, it's like them and collies at the top

My shih-poo-pom disagrees with you on this.

Here's another hot dog takes. Little tiny dogs are better than big dogs, especially those that don't shed. My folks have raised goldens for my entire life, and while they are kick ass dogs, I didn't realize how easy dog ownership could be until I got a toy sized pup. They can go anywhere, and even if they're overly energetic and bouncy they're only like 9 pounds so it doesn't even matter. Plus cuddling with a tiny dog>being wallowed all over by a massive slobbery, sheddy mutt.

With you 100 on this, but mostly because we need a hypoallergenic dog. We are leaning toward a Yorkie or Bichon, and I hope to carry it in my man-purse.

way back when I used to go to an office, people brought their dogs (it was so obnoxious)

one guy had a goldendoodle (very smart, very immature) and another had an English bulldog (exceptionally stupid, hot-cold mix of aggressive and lazy) -- their playing was pretty funny to watch

this is the correct thread for folks who think a stupid little yapping dog is better than a large dog. jesus christ.

Just wanted to chime in to say that my beagle mix is dumb as shit. And gets totally manipulated by my far smarter Aussie sheepdog mix.

Dogs in the office seems extremely distracting and a near universally terrible idea.

Bluetick Coonhounds, or basically just any coonhound, are the dumbest freaking dogs on the planet.

My old man dog is half Bluetick, and bless his heart.

On the plus side, if anyone breaks into the house they gonna die.

My old man dog is half Bluetick, and bless his heart.

On the plus side, if anyone breaks into the house they gonna die.

I used to coon hunt(walk around in the woods at night and drink bourbon) a lot in my early 20's because my best friend had dogs. He had a walker that we used to let right in the cab of the truck with us so we could throw his blueticks in the boxes in the back. Fucker bit a hole in the top of my left ear one time with no provocation. Didn't even growl or act aggressive, just turned and chomped. Another time one of his blueticks murdered a skunk and my buddy had an emotional response akin to finding out your daughter is a meth addict. Plus the smell was so bad we had to pull over and vomit twice on the way home.

I'm not very fond of coondogs in general.

My shih-poo-pom disagrees with you on this.

Here's another hot dog takes. Little tiny dogs are better than big dogs, especially those that don't shed. My folks have raised goldens for my entire life, and while they are kick ass dogs, I didn't realize how easy dog ownership could be until I got a toy sized pup. They can go anywhere, and even if they're overly energetic and bouncy they're only like 9 pounds so it doesn't even matter. Plus cuddling with a tiny dog>being wallowed all over by a massive slobbery, sheddy mutt.

Ugh, talk about an unpopular opinion. Why don't you just get a cat?

we have a Yorkie. he's awesome. does not bark. loves walks in nice weather, but happily does his business on the pad indoors. plays fetch for as long as you want him to.

only downside is, we can't leave him outside because at 6 pounds, I legit worry that a hawk or owl would at least try to make a meal of him

With you 100 on this, but mostly because we need a hypoallergenic dog. We are leaning toward a Yorkie or Bichon, and I hope to carry it in my man-purse.

My GF has a yorkie and it is probably the single most aggressive dog I have ever seen.

Of all the major chain stores, the quietest, smoothest-rolling shopping carts are at Walmart.

Back