• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

carrabas isn't BAD like OG is. I also liked macaroni grill back in the day - their bread was pretty good if memory serves.

Fiamma and stagioni are my italian spots in charlotte.

Yeah, I eat at Stagioni a lot. Volo is probably better though.

Best Italian food I've ever had was on a dirt road between Elkin and Wilkesboro. It was only open 3 days a week, but closed because the lady that ran it was around 100 years old.

Most small town tomato sauces taste like the aluminum can they were poured out of. (Looking at you Theo)

Holy shit. This man talkin 'bout Sunny Italy. Mamma Roselli passed a while back, but her kids and grandkids just opened up a place in downtown Wilkesboro. It's a reasonable facsimile.

Holy shit. This man talkin 'bout Sunny Italy. Mamma Roselli passed a while back, but her kids and grandkids just opened up a place in downtown Wilkesboro. It's a reasonable facsimile.

You can buy her salad dressing at Food Lion. Sunny Italy slapped! You knew when you walked in and saw Mamma Roselli stirring that sauce, you were about to have a hell of a meal.

I also think they own a place in East Bend. I haven't been, but heard it's good.

Last edited:
the best Italian restaurants are in Italy

but you need to follow a couple of basic rules:

1. don't go where there are lots of foreigners, eavesdrop, and if most of the patrons are not speaking Italian, don't go there

2. don't patronize restaurants with a view

obviously, there are exceptions but in general, these rules work very well

On the very shortlist for best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at was in, of all places, Mannheim, Germany.

1. don't go where there are lots of foreigners, eavesdrop, and if most of the patrons are not speaking Italian, don't go there

You really went out on a limb there.

Aren't all restaurants in Italy Italian restaurants?

I liked Chilis when they had their Chipotle Blue Cheese burger. but they got rid of that in like 2006. They also used to do free chips and salsa, also gone. Did there used to be a Chilis in the Charlotte airport? My last Chilis dining experience was in an airport, and I think it was a USAirways hub. Could have been DFW.

It's not in the airport but there is a great Italian place near the airport in Richmond. I can't imagine why people give me a strange look when I describe it that way.

It's not in the airport but there is a great Italian place near the airport in Richmond. I can't imagine why people give me a strange look when I describe it that way.

Would like to know the name of it. I'm in Richmond a lot and that airport has zero decent food options. And the area around the airport is kind of shitty, too.

Would like to know the name of it. I'm in Richmond a lot and that airport has zero decent food options. And the area around the airport is kind of shitty, too.

I have no idea what this restaurant is, and I live here-I'm just never out towards the airport.

any dog mixed with a poodle sucks. Feel like the uppity whites skirt the “see I didn’t get a full breed” by getting a poodle mix. Nah you just took a good breed and made it look and act fucking dumb af.

I’ve got a mini labradoodle due to allergies of family members and he’s the best dog I’ve ever had and I don’t have piles of hair all over my house and on my clothes. It’s great.

any dog mixed with a poodle sucks. Feel like the uppity whites skirt the “see I didn’t get a full breed” by getting a poodle mix. Nah you just took a good breed and made it look and act fucking dumb af.

the endless stream of dumb takes just never ends with you, huh

fair enough but sometimes i just want to look at lake trasimene and have food that still tastes better than most restaurants in tourist towns in the US

My shih-poo-pom disagrees with you on this.

Here's another hot dog takes. Little tiny dogs are better than big dogs, especially those that don't shed. My folks have raised goldens for my entire life, and while they are kick ass dogs, I didn't realize how easy dog ownership could be until I got a toy sized pup. They can go anywhere, and even if they're overly energetic and bouncy they're only like 9 pounds so it doesn't even matter. Plus cuddling with a tiny dog>being wallowed all over by a massive slobbery, sheddy mutt.

i anxiously await knight's take on your sexual preference in light of this comment

Those dogs are like $1k plus — nobody is getting them to say “see, not a full breed”, not that I’ve ever heard and they’re everywhere — they’re designer dogs, nobody is getting credit for having one, don’t worry

they’re also objectively smarter by being mixed with a poodle than any of the breeds they were mixed with

Back