• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

haha true

i used to not like tomatoes on sandies/burgers but then i stopped eating at chilis/subway/etc./etc. i realize that's hard in tampa palms.

I understand what you're saying about this, but at the same time all these things - if you use them correctly - can be the basis for a great conversation. "Oh, I saw that you visited _X_, how did you like that trip? Tell me more about it." If you're a good conversationalist and the other person isn't a mouth-breather, it's definitely not something that takes the place of regular conversation and catching up like you describe. So much of what you're describing depends on the people involved... I'm definitely of the 'facebook generation' (kind of crazy that i've been on there ~10 years), but at least with close friends and family, it's not at all like the idea you have. Plus, I'd say it helps me connect and stay up with more people in that regard - I can more easily reach out to and reconnect with someone if I'm visiting a place, and it's a little less awkward to send a fb message to invite them out than it is to call them totally out of the blue.

anyway, I digress from unpopular opinions.
Adam Levine is nowhere near the world's sexiest anything (I believe he was declared 'sexiest man of 2013 by People or something), and Ryan Gosling is OK.

I have never used the neg-rep function, but you need an e-slap. Ryan Gosling is a demigod.

regardless this should really be titled "bad/dumb/wrong opinions because i'm doing it wrong."

I don't care if you have the coolest friends and family in the world. Putting them all basically in a room together 24/7 to comment about anything and everything that crosses their minds, showing and talking about every picture they've ever taken, and every song they like and everything they do gets old and annoying. It also removes any mystery or subtlety from social interaction and friendship. There is nothing to learn about people any more. Its all out there, every opinion they've ever had, every trip they've been on, every landmark in their lives and their kids' lives is out there, every bar or restaurant they visit or movie or concert they attend, every quote they like, every team they love. It has all but replaced normal conversation. There is such a thing as too much information, too much communication. My friends are awesome and my family too, but hell if I want to know all that shit about them all at once.

You do realize that you are pretty much describing these boards, right?

Oh I got some of these. For one thing, I think Monday is definitely the worst day of the week. A lot of people say Wednesday because they hate spelling it, but no way. I also think fat old women have the most macking assfat. Can't get enough. What else, what else. Oh. A lot of people use "Martians" when they're talking about aliens, but I always say "Jupitarians". Way cooler. Ummmm. Oh also, I think Farrah Fawcett is still alive and living in the Yukon Territory. She just couldn't deal with aging in front of America. Let's see. The gay Jackie Robinson is not Michael Sam, it was Toucan Sam (first gay guy on a cereal box). That might be it... Oh no wait. Leftovers are for the homeless... Mouthwash > Vodka... Urine smells worse than poop... If it's a cat vs. a rat, I'm pulling for the rat... John Wilkes Booth = NOT GUILTY (Mary Todd did it)... Lions don't look that tough (maybe if they went to the barber every once in a while)... Sean Connery's character was secretly molesting that kid in Finding Forrester. Ummm. Okay that's it.

straight party voting shouldn't be allowed.

id be for it if we had a parliamentary system.

this leads me to mine: we should blow up the american governmental system. adios constitution. adios congress. go to a more parliamentary system to allow for more than 2 parties to be relevant.

straight party voting shouldn't be allowed.

Agreed

I'd also like to throw in that I don't agree with the idea of free range chicken, and I think it can be looked at as being less humane.

Way to let out a young bird, show it the beauty of sunlight and fresh area only to murder it a short time later. I'd rather it live in ignorance of their being anything more than the darkness that it will soon experience anyways. Quality of life is a relative term.

Id go into greater detail but Im on my phone.

Last edited:
Agreed

I'd also like to throw in that I don't agree with the idea of free range chicken, and I think it can be looked at as being less humane.

Way to let out a young bird, show it the beauty of sunlight and fresh area only to murder it a short time later. I'd rather it live in ignorance of their being anything more than the darkness that it will soon experience anyways. Quality of life is a relative term.

lol

i thought (true) free range was more about them eating a more natural diet and being able to move around, rather than stuffed together shitting all over each other while being pumped full of hormones. it's not their happiness that leads to the better meat.

Agreed

you may need to look into the realistic possibility that living in texas is making you dumber

Here's one: Pandas are the worst.

First of all, they've evolved to eat only bamboo, which isn't enough to sustain them nutritionally. They don't even really like to eat it that much.

Second, they don't want to fuck anymore. We pour millions and millions of dollars into programs to figure out how to get them to fuck, and they're just not into it. This goes for captivity and the wild.

Animals only exist to eat and fuck. That's it. They don't want to do either anymore. They're an evolutionary dead end. But we exhaust a ton of resources to keep them alive artificially almost exclusively because women and children find them cute, therefore making them profitable. They're not really even that cute. They're by far the lamest bear. All they do is slump around or chow down on a food they hate to eat and won't sustain them nutritionally, because they're fucking bears and need real food.

So fuck pandas.

jhmd was right. bdz does hate Asians.

lol

i thought (true) free range was more about them eating a more natural diet and being able to move around, rather than stuffed together shitting all over each other while being pumped full of hormones. it's not their happiness that leads to the better meat.

Actually, to be certified free-range, that basically means the chickens must have access to a small amount of open space for something like three weeks in their lives. So they raise them in the industrial coops, and then three weeks before they're ready to be slaughtered, the farms swing open the doors and are like, "OK, you're free now." Except all the chickens know is their cramped, industrial quarters where they've been wallowing in shit their whole lives, so most of the chickens just hang inside. Personally, I'm cool with it. I eat industrial chicken.

So yeah, unless you know the provenance of the particular bird you're eating, the free-range stuff is essentially just marketing and remains ethically murky at best.

BDZ gets it. I do understand the organic and non-hormone movement, it's just the free range label that is straight BS.

Back