• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I never went to see the Northern Lights when I used to visit Finland but it was always on my radar. They always said that you're never guaranteed to see them and when you go you need to schedule at least a few days to give you the best chance.

i saw the NL from northern PA one time with a few friends when we were just hanging out at our little campfire at a family cabin, totally unexpected and it was fucking wild

10/10 experience

i saw the NL from northern PA one time with a few friends when we were just hanging out at our little campfire at a family cabin, totally unexpected and it was fucking wild

10/10 experience
there were some times this summer/fall when they were allegedly visible locally, mostly up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. but apparently the best chance was using a camera with a good lens to pick up on it.

I imagine they’re pretty cool to see, but I don’t intend to go well out of my way to do it.

The northern lights are bullshit.

Yeah, they exist... but they look entirely different to the naked eye & attract a ton of Wal-Mart tourists with flashlights.

I grew up in Anchorage and they were the least interest part of all the scenery and things to do there.

We went on a boat tour in Reykjavik to see them, and it was packed because of the high aurora forecast (https://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/) for that evening.

They never appeared, so it was just a over-crowded 3 hour freezing ferry ride with tourists holding up their cellphones (because you would see them better through a lens).

I still can't believe this is a real thing, but we were also there while Yoko Ono's Imagine Peace tower was lit. Which is unbelievably irritating. It lights the entire sky around the city https://www.imaginepeacetower.com/

Screenshot_20231127_111645_Chrome.jpg

We ended up seeing the lights on our final night there & while its neat to say we experienced them... it was a big ole 'meh'.

Certainly the hottest but that’s not as unpopular of an opinion.

Jesus, swung for the fences on that one did ya?

That's not even to say it's a bad show (though it's close). Just insanely over hyped for what it is. Enjoyed the 1st season enough, but they completely forgot to be funny after that.

I agree with Shoo

it was a right place, right time show. The first season was funny and optimistic and positive when everyone was locked down and needed something to latch onto. If it came out any other time it would’ve been a completely insubstantial, forgettable show.

Back