• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I wash about 3 or 4 mugs a day and my wife is the only one in my house who drinks coffee. She swears she has one cup in the morning. I have no idea why she doesn't just drink and rinse the same cup.

because she is a woman

I'm another never-washer for the office mug.

Animated films with famous actors doing the voices are annoying, especially when they're based on existing TV series.

My parents and sister drink coffee. I've never really touched it. Got my caffeine from Mountain Dew when I was a kid, and then I gave up soda. Now I don't really ever have caffeine aside from an iced tea every few weeks or so. Basically just drink orange juice in the AM, water, and beer.

If I absolutely need to stay awake for some reason, I'll have a Dew or a 5 hr energy, but that's super rare.

Last edited:
Singing anthems with hand on heart and waving flags around and all that is kinda silly and unnecessary when you think about it. There are much more effective ways to express national pride and respect for the sacrifices of those who died and suffered defending the country.

Animated films with famous actors doing the voices are annoying, especially when they're based on existing TV series.

Yeah Tom Hanks, get out of our animated movie!

My hypothesis is if your parents were coffee drinkers and you were around it growing up that assisted with developing the taste for it so you're much more likely to be one yourself, and if you didn't grow up around it you don't get it. My parents didn't drink coffee so I never picked it up.

Now proceed to tell me how wrong I am.

Parents drank tea with cream. I am coffee obsessed, and Denver is the shiz for beans.

Since it's apparently unpopular on the sports board, our QB's name is spelled Wolford. Our 2006 ACC champion WR's name is spelled Idlette.

Singing anthems with hand on heart and waving flags around and all that is kinda silly and unnecessary when you think about it. There are much more effective ways to express national pride and respect for the sacrifices of those who died and suffered defending the country.

Take a knee fella! And thanks for your service!

what theatrical release animated movie has come out in the last decade that hasn't had a 'famous' person doing voice? i assume you mean films where said actor does little to alter their normal speaking voice, like Kimmel in Boss Baby vs Galifinakis' Joker

I drink and like coffee black
Never wash my office mug, just rinse and wipe occassionally; there's not any milk or sugar ever in it so what's promoting bacteria?

Here's my old mug I had to retire after almost two decades because it cracked:

Q2t3lDQ.jpg

Started drinking coffee just over a year ago for the caffeine as I gave up soda. Now it doesn't really give me a boost but I drink it because I like the taste. Like Shoosh said, the aeropress rules especially with some good beans. My favorite is a good Yirgacheffe.

what theatrical release animated movie has come out in the last decade that hasn't had a 'famous' person doing voice? i assume you mean films where said actor does little to alter their normal speaking voice, like Kimmel in Boss Baby vs Galifinakis' Joker

Not many. I'm more talking about the films that promote the cast as if someone's voice is a reason for me to go see an animated film. I was triggered by the My Little Pony movie trailer before seeing The Lego Ninjago Movie with my kids. The trailer ended with a list of the famous people in a film. And I thought, is a kid going to want to see this film because Emily Blunt is doing one of the voices? Seems unnecessary. And then The Lego Ninjago Movie started and it's Jackie freakin' Chan on the screen. And I'm thinking, "C'mon. They got Jackie Chan to voice Sensei Wu?" Unnecessary.

i mean, the parents are making the decision to see a movie and big names lend gravitas and in some cases actual skill. And, getting an aged martial arts master to voice an aged asian martial arts master seems like a good idea.

Do you thank the pilot when you leave an airplane? I always do, and my friends think it's completely unnecessary.

Back