• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unwatchable

diverdeac

Reaction score
Seriously. Shit is boring!

We have got some decisions to make about our entire athletic program. It is not fun and as much as I am a fan and a huge one I am just becoming uninterested. Bball and football just boring.

We are at a crossroads here. I'm not a hater but change is needed.

having just lost to duke and MD, we have clearly established ourselves as the worst team in the division as a fact. the natural order of the universe has been restored.

The offensive line was decimated today with injuries and the suspensions ... we just couldn't open holes or protect Tanner. Laying the ball on the ground and dropped passes just made it worse.

The dearth of talent is a head scratcher.

Have to agree with this. Just look at our kick and punt returners. We have a ton of WRs, yet no one that can get open and then catch the ball unless it is right on their hands.

... trust me, the deacon club checks aren't going to come pouring in following these last two weeks.

Have to agree with this. Just look at our kick and punt returners. We have a ton of WRs, yet no one that can get open and then catch the ball unless it is right on their hands.

Even when that happens, there is no guarantee with this group of receivers. They are collectively the worst I've ever seen.

Its bigger than one game. We are dealing with the coliseum issue. We have a bball program not producing revenue. Thank heavens for the Tv revenue which is changing everything. We have a solid brand but we need new leadershp.

Its bigger than one game. We are dealing with the coliseum issue. We have a bball program not producing revenue. Thank heavens for the Tv revenue which is changing everything. We have a solid brand but we need new leadershp.

agreed. say we beat either UVA or BC and lose out - that's 4-8... if the basketball season goes the way we all expect it to, you have to wonder how long we can stick with the current athletic leadership.

We need a new AD and then let him/her start the changes from there. We desperately need a fresh start in a new direction.

We need a new AD and then let him/her start the changes from there. We desperately need a fresh start in a new direction.

correct - grobe (not saying he should go yet) and bzzz (should have been gone before he started) are here to stay as long as Wellman is here.

what is so puzzling/frustrating is that within 6 years we (our AD) have gone from the envy of all schools (orange bowl, multiple non revenue championships, hoops success vs teh dukes/UNC's of the world) to a laughing stock.

what is so puzzling/frustrating is that within 6 years we (our AD) have gone from the envy of all schools (orange bowl, multiple non revenue championships, hoops success vs teh dukes/UNC's of the world) to a laughing stock.

The guy got full of himself and thinks he is always the smartest man in the room.

I really don't see it as puzzling. We have an AD who ran off Dave Odom and George Greer, hired Jim Caldwell and thought it just a fucking DANDY idea to hire the clown of a basketball coach we now have.

There's a longer pattern here IMHO than the last six years. Riley Skinner, Dean Hood, Kenny Moore and Aaron Curry made a hell of a lot of people look really smart for about three years.

We need a new start with a NEW AD.

This ^^^^^^^

Greer went 4-20 in the ACC his last year. How can you be up in arms about Grobe's performance and think that Welllman should have had a longer leash with Greer?

The one we let get away with Moranda, who brought in all of the JC talent from Cali.

I would also like to see a change in leadership across the board.

Back