• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unwatchable

I hope everyone will use these embarassments as incentives to increase their Deacon Club donations. Then when you send an email to President Hatch he may pay more attention to it. And you will help those athletes not abusing drugs to obtain an education and become powerful advocates for MSD, setting the stage for better results in the latter half of this century.

just to be clear if you really are a moderate to big time donor and u want change you should be sending snail mail letters not emails, but please know what you're talking about when you send them. The problem is not grobe.

Just to be clear, if you really are a small, moderate, or big time donor, I hope increased embarassment will cause you to help more, not less. No one should bother anyone else frivilously.

Just to be clear, if you really are a small, moderate, or big time donor, I hope increased embarassment will cause you to help more, not less. No one should bother anyone else frivilously.

I'm sorry I don't take your meaning here (presuming you are talking to me). BTW although I quoted you I wasn't necessarily talking to you, i was just pointing out that if you (you in a general sense) think change is merited, which would be fair, I would think a snail mail letter has more impact.

The thing that gets me is that Duke has had up to 12 or 13 players hurt at any point time in the season. But, yet their depth has carried them to a 5-1 record. Duke is not afraid to play true freshman by neccessity or not, and that is paying off. Maybe the redshirt program is broken, and its clear that at times (Jela Duncan) that philosophy sets Wake at a recruiting disadvantage.

I think a lot of things are broken with this football program, this is just one of them.

I think Wellman is just holding out for Swofford's job. And he can have it.

Wellman becomes commish.
We get new blood in many leadership positions.
Wellman considers the damage he's done to a program he loves and which paid him handsomely for many years, and uses his influence to stand up for and help out the Deacs at every opportunity.
Profit.

I really don't see it as puzzling. We have an AD who ran off Dave Odom and George Greer, hired Jim Caldwell and thought it just a fucking DANDY idea to hire the clown of a basketball coach we now have.

There's a longer pattern here IMHO than the last six years. Riley Skinner, Dean Hood, Kenny Moore and Aaron Curry made a hell of a lot of people look really smart for about three years.

We need a new start with a NEW AD.

Excellent post. These are my thoughts exactly.

I love Grobe, but a lot of our football success I think has been because of some excellent assistants and some ballsy kids that had a chip on their shoulder. I agree that we need a fresh start from the top and then let it filter down over time. Bzzz on the other hand...

Back