• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unwatchable

Greer went 4-20 in the ACC his last year. How can you be up in arms about Grobe's performance and think that Welllman should have had a longer leash with Greer?

We need a new athletic director. Period.

That's fine, but at least be consistent. If you are going to rant and rave about Grobe, you should have want Greer gone too.

That's fine, but at least be consistent. If you are going to rant and rave about Grobe, you should have want Greer gone too.

I don't "should have want" anything. And I sure don't need your approval to post.

Please focus. We need a new athletic director. Thanks.

And I don't need your approval to comment on your posts either.

Why does my focusing on your rants really mean anything?

Wellman isn't getting fired. He needs to shove off to Greensboro or Indianapolis though.

Overall wake athletics has reached a new high with Wellnan at the helm. Much is the growth of the overall "Industry " yes but wellman and Grobe deserve everything they have received monetary and otherwise. Both have my uptmost respect and appreciation. Buzz was brought in as a fixer and he is doing that. He is at the end of his time as well.

It is just time for change. We need to build on what has been established but I sense we are running in place and milking our recent successes in really both major sports because wake bball has been successful over the past two decades.

Last edited:
Overall wake athletics has reached a new high with Wellnan at the helm. Much is the growth of the overall "Industry " yes but wellman and Grobe deserve everything they have received monetary and otherwise. Both have my uptmost respect and appreciation. Buzz was brought in as a fixer and he is doing that. He is at the end of his time as well.

It is just time for change. We need to build on what has been established but I sense we are running in place and milking our recent successes in really both majorn sports because wake bball has been successful over the past two decades.

I think you need to revisit the tense on that.

... trust me, the deacon club checks aren't going to come pouring in following these last two weeks.

Lol. How would you know? You're a piece of shit. Let me guess...you're begging for dollars again?

That is unbelievable he is in charge of our pathetic special teams play too.

I think Wellman is just holding out for Swofford's job. And he can have it.

having just lost to duke and MD, we have clearly established ourselves as the worst team in the division as a fact. the natural order of the universe has been restored.

Not really Duke is 5-1 and they have our mojo the bad news is they already recruited better than us even though they have stunk it up for years and we have been decent.

In three years our ex-players will leak rumors that the entire team was high.

We started three drives with the ball on the Maryland 40, Maryland 40, and Maryland 30 and came away with 0 points.

I hope everyone will use these embarassments as incentives to increase their Deacon Club donations. Then when you send an email to President Hatch he may pay more attention to it. And you will help those athletes not abusing drugs to obtain an education and become powerful advocates for MSD, setting the stage for better results in the latter half of this century.

We need a new AD and then let him/her start the changes from there. We desperately need a fresh start in a new direction.

Absolutely this.

Ron Wellman has rendered superb service to Wake over the years, but he has reached the point in his career where he is grossly overpaid and has gone way past his "sell by" date.

It happens to all of us. Times change, the years go by, and one day we wake up and can no longer hit the curveball.

The only thing keeping Wake athletics afloat is the ACC TV money. Our own revenue streams are plunging. We are truly the biggest "free rider" in the league, when it comes to finances.

Ron needs to retire and let the next AD hire new basketball and football coaches, and try to resurrect our revenue sports.

Last edited:
Back