• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"US is defending ISIS" Russia convenes UN Security Council after major US fuck up

I don't doubt that we hit Syrian forces but to post a headline saying "US is defending ISIS" from the Kremlin is beyond ridiculous. You really think our military purposely attacked Syrian forces in order to "defend ISIS"?

Have you taken the time to look up any other sources on what happened? The US military clearly and directly helped ISIS. If you want to say that help was unintentional, I think you're probably right. But why do you feel Americans should remain ignorant of what the Russian position is? I think everyone knows RT is funded by the Russian government and tends to present the Kremlin perspective. I still regularly visit Deutsche Welle, even thought it's funded by the German government and tends to promote the position of the German establishment. I still find it to be a worthwhile source.

"US is defending ISIS" Russia convenes UN Security Council after major US fuck up

RT does not present the true Kremlin position. RT is simply a Russian propaganda outlet.

Have you taken the time to look up any other sources on what happened? The US military clearly and directly helped ISIS. If you want to say that help was unintentional, I think you're probably right. But why do you feel Americans should remain ignorant of what the Russian position is? I think everyone knows RT is funded by the Russian government and tends to present the Kremlin perspective. I still regularly visit Deutsche Welle, even thought it's funded by the German government and tends to promote the position of the German establishment. I still find it to be a worthwhile source.

Reading news sources from other countries around the world is a great idea and any real American should do it...please continue on. I regularly do it myself. But taking a headline from a state run media source that has been hostile to us for generations (and especially the past several weeks) - because it supports your preferred candidate - is fucking naive and minor league. Especially when it's something as dumb as "the US is defending ISIS".

ETA - shit like this just makes me and everyone else question everything you post about Trump and his views... so you might want to be a little more responsible with your words if you actually want to help your preferred candidate.

Last edited:
Given the role Russia plays in Syria I think it's important to know what their official position is. That's mainly what the article does- and I think that's valuable information for an informed citizen to have. During the Cold War I think it would have been useful for Americans to read Pravda or Soviet Life. I don't think we should be encouraging censorship. Anyway, there are dozens of other sources where you can go read about what happened that you might find more to your liking. But none of them will change the fact the US royally fucked up and ended up helping ISIS- I think we can all agree on that.

ETA - shit like this just makes me and everyone else question everything you post about Trump and his views... so you might want to be a little more responsible with your words if you actually want to help your preferred candidate.

If I thought this was about Trump I would have posted it on one of the political threads.

Given the role Russia plays in Syria I think it's important to know what their official position is. That's mainly what the article does- and I think that's valuable information for an informed citizen to have. During the Cold War I think it would have been useful for Americans to read Pravda or Soviet Life. I don't think we should be encouraging censorship. Anyway, there are dozens of other sources where you can go read about what happened that you might find more to your liking. But none of them will change the fact the US royally fucked up and ended up helping ISIS- I think we can all agree on that.

And Russia helps ISIS by intentionally bombing anti-Syrian rebels. But I must have missed your posts on that.

Reactions: ONW

Not saying we should encourage censorship whatsoever (although your boy Trump would disagree) and I could give a shit where I get my news from as long as its the truth (usually takes several sources to triangulate on it). But I have a huge problem with people (especially Americans) passing Russian state propaganda off as fact... especially something like "the US defends ISIS". Thank god I have never had to serve but I have well over a dozen friends who have (several who are Wake grads) that don't even recognize this country and would be floored that shit like this is floating around a Wake Forest message board. Again your words mean a hell of a lot more than you think they do... don't be intellectually dishonest because you can get a few quick political wins for your side.

Bob has no peroblem with supporting a person who is a Russian agent and stooge. He has no problem with an adversary hacking US entities and trying to impact a US election.

Bob has no problem with Trump US GIs and travelers at risk by promising to torture people and kill innocent family members.

30lf045.jpg

I knew Obama was a fucking muslim terrorist the whole time. Thanks bob, for helping the rest of us learn the truth.

CNN showed Samantha Powers speaking at the UN, but when it came time for the Russian ambassador to speak they cut away. I guess it's only okay for the US government to propagandize on CNN.

are you unable to re-read your own posts?

Which of my posts are you referring to where I call or somehow imply Obama is a "muslim terrorist"? In fact, I recently posted I never accepted that birther nonsense and have been critical of Clinton and Trump for their roles in pushing it.

Which of my posts are you referring to where I call or somehow imply Obama is a "muslim terrorist"? In fact, I recently posted I never accepted that birther nonsense and have been critical of Clinton and Trump for their roles in pushing it.

when you post a thread title in which you suggest and further suggest in the first 30 posts that US is supporting ISIS, it's about as dumb as implying Obama is a "muslim terrorist", that's my point.

All of a sudden, BSF cares about Syrian families.

when you post a thread title in which you suggest and further suggest in the first 30 posts that US is supporting ISIS, it's about as dumb as implying Obama is a "muslim terrorist", that's my point.

1. I've made clear in this thread I think what happened was a mistake on the part of the US military, not deliberately done to help ISIS.
2. "US is defending ISIS" in quotes does not imply I'm personally suggesting the US is "supporting ISIS". That's just moronic. It was part of the title for the article and relates to what the Russian Foreign Ministry states.
3. After the US bombing ISIS was able to overrun a SAA position they had been trying to take, thus the bombing did in fact help ISIS.

Do you understand?

good to know you're able to form such a quick and accurate opinion on US military mistakes in Syria. Makes total sense. You seem to be in a position to make accurate assessments. Does the bunker come equipped with real time satellite imaging capabilities with which to make such a determination?

Last edited:
Back