• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News 2024 Rankings (Wake #47)

I'm so much better than most all of you folks since I attended Wake when we were actually ranked at or near #1 (Regional Liberal Arts), so put that in your pipe and smoke it USN&WR 2023 rankings! ;)

I’m not really following the logic of how a random group of universities “paid” for these changes. Seems more like sour grapes from a few posters.

I’m not really following the logic of how a random group of universities “paid” for these changes. Seems more like sour grapes from a few posters.
The school hasn’t gotten worse, USNews just changed the way they calculated the score, giving more weight to things that benefited big state school.

The school hasn’t gotten worse, USNews just changed the way they calculated the score, giving more weight to things that benefited big state school.
I don’t know what you are responding to. I know Wake didn’t get worse overnight just because the USN&R ratings metrics changed.

I don’t know what you are responding to. I know Wake didn’t get worse overnight just because the USN&R ratings metrics changed.
Look at who benefits from the new methodology. USNews didn’t just come out of nowhere and say we have been doing it wrong for all these years, let’s give more points to big state run research institutions.

Clearly the focus has changed and that benefits schools with more diverse student bodies from an income perspective.

I don't think it's hard to read what they are stressing now to come up with the rankings.

Look at who benefits from the new methodology. USNews didn’t just come out of nowhere and say we have been doing it wrong for all these years, let’s give more points to big state run research institutions.
? I saw who benefits, and again this just sounds like conspiratorial sour grapes on your part. USN&R publishes their metrics every year, and discusses the criticism of them. Why should the metrics never change after 20-something years, when the entire value concept of a college degree has changed drastically in that time?

? I saw who benefits, and again this just sounds like conspiratorial sour grapes on your part. USN&R publishes their metrics every year, and discusses the criticism of them. Why should the metrics never change after 20-something years, when the entire value concept of a college degree has changed drastically in that time?
You saw that this is a major overall of the system?

University of Illinois with a 45% acceptance rate and an SAT average of 1340-1530 is #35 while Wake with a 20% acceptance rate and a range of 1380-1510 is 47. So wake is harder to get into but considered a worse school?

Look man, I have no dog in this fight, I didn’t go to Wake undergrad but no one is telling their kid, don’t worry about Wake honey, you got into Maryland, it’s a better school.

Edit: Rutgers would have been a better example.

You saw that this is a major overall of the system?

University of Illinois with a 45% acceptance rate and an SAT average of 1340-1530 is #35 while Wake with a 20% acceptance rate and a range of 1380-1510 is 47. So wake is harder to get into but considered a worse school?

Look man, I have no dog in this fight, I didn’t go to Wake undergrad but no one is telling their kid, don’t worry about Wake honey, you got into Maryland, it’s a better school.

Edit: Rutgers would have been a better example.
Why do you think a school that is “harder to get into” is automatically better? Exclusivity on its own isn’t a value, it’s just a state of being. The debate would be easier to follow if we just discussed the metrics that changed this year.

Why do you think a school that is “harder to get into” is automatically better? Exclusivity on its own isn’t a value, it’s just a state of being. The debate would be easier to follow if we just discussed the metrics that changed this year.

I'll say this. Wake is also hard to stay in. Or at least it once was that way.

One need only ask my soph year HS valedictorian roommate who was asked to leave after Fall semester.

I did get a single room out of it for the Spring semester, so there was that.

Back