• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News 2024 Rankings (Wake #47)

Seems impossible since 51% of classes have fewer than 20 students.

Bama must be full of students who couldn't get into #26 Stony Brook University or #28 UC Merced.

If you scroll through these rankings you'll see that they're filled up with a bunch of no-name schools from California, New York, and New Jersey.

Sounds like your friends kids should have gone to those schools.

Yeah, makes you wonder why the hell nobody wants to go to the #26 public school in the country and people from NY are sending their kids to Ole Miss in droves.

My mistake. Alabama is also #153 in best value (Wake is #64).

Some friends of mine have a son who went to Alabama. Bright kid. His high school academic profile was comparable to a WF attendee.

This kid and his family paid $0 for him to attend Alabama. Tuition, room and board, expenses - all covered. Since graduating from Alabama, he has attended medical school and is now an MD.

Alabama was a pretty great value for him.

I have another Wake friend who sent his son to Alabama. He partied his ass off for two years and wound up at Lees-McRae (enrollment, 869).

That’s basically an independent study. Large public schools also have independent studies.
I've bowed out of this conversation but can't get over the fact that you continue to maintain that Wake's small classes don't matter and aren't better than big classes and that big public schools have small classes too (no shit, they also have a lot of huge ones). I'm not going to argue with you about it because you are undepheated but it is a strange position to take. There are exceptions to every rule but I remain convinced that the small classes and personal relationships with professors and administrators at Wake are beneficial and are much harder to come by at other, larger universities.

Yeah, makes you wonder why the hell nobody wants to go to the #26 public school in the country and people from NY are sending their kids to Ole Miss in droves.
OK, this is good. 0.7% of the school is from NY. It is the 15th most represented state at Ole Miss.

OK, this is good. There are 28 total students at Ole Miss from NY (0.7% of the school). It is the 15th most represented state at Ole Miss.

Way more than Mississippi is sending to Stony Brook and Columbia combined.

Way more than Mississippi is sending to Stony Brook and Columbia combined.
What is it with you and the south? You pick the dumbest battles to defend an entire region that has nothing in common except slavery, humidity, and child poverty.

Is there some alternate timeline midwestern Biff that’s weirdly defensive of Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma?

Biff over here in the capital of ACC country (no plane transfers needed !) and yet he's all in on sending kids to SEC schools

I just find that people defining themselves by arbitrary geographic regions is fucking weird. I guess it made a little sense when it was the Confederacy, but that was a while ago, right? Aren’t all these states just fighting each other for car manufacturing plants and solar farms now? Or to see who can have the strictest abortion laws?

Back