• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News Rankings: Wake top 25

Serious question for those saying that these rankings matter: to whom do they matter and why, in your opinion?

Those rankings are racially biased. And it's pretty obvious that its just the good ol boy network at play working to shut out the up and cummers from their exclusive little club by voting for each other just like the do in the coaches poll and the other one where the reporters have to vote for the team they cover #1 to keep their job or the coach won't talk to them. UNCC has the best accounting program in the state (look it up, don't challenge me on this, just look it up), a great engineering and architechture program, autmobile racing engineering classes that you can't take anywhere else, and we keep Bank of America and First Union and all of the other banks filled up with highly eintelligent workers who will eat your lunch and steal your girlfriend whiel your sitting htere patting yourself on the back. Our online marketing school has placed individuals in such places as Texas which is at the forefront of economic innovation.

And another thing, You're tied for #23 with three other schools in the good ol boy club, which means your also tied for #24, #25, #26, and #27. So you're outside the top 35 as much as you are in the top 25, but it doesn't matter anyway because the ratings are a farce until we get ranked higher.

Jake Paas · Top CommenterUS news rankings I think is pretty accurate about the graduate rankings but the undergraduate ones are flawed. USC and Wake Forest in the top 25? Really?
Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 4 hours ago

OH. NO. HE. DIDN'T.

We are worried about this guy? (whichever one he is, doesn't matter)

414569_323998507654522_4720636_o.jpg

People are seriously asking why the US News and World Report's national ranking of Wake Forest matters?

I get why someone would question whether it should matter, but getting back into the top 25 is a big deal.

"And another thing, You're tied for #23 with three other schools in the good ol boy club, which means your also tied for #24, #25, #26, and #27. So you're outside the top 35 as much as you are in the top 25, but it doesn't matter anyway because the ratings are a farce until we get ranked higher."

WTF? How is Wake outside the Top 35?

Do they have 2nd grade math as an elective at UNC-C? It looks like you need it.

"And another thing, You're tied for #23 with three other schools in the good ol boy club, which means your also tied for #24, #25, #26, and #27. So you're outside the top 35 as much as you are in the top 25, but it doesn't matter anyway because the ratings are a farce until we get ranked higher."

WTF? How is Wake outside the Top 35?

Do they have 2nd grade math as an elective at UNC-C? It looks like you need it.

Are you seriously criticizing me for a typo your fucking Weak Florist twit? You must be some kind of real life grammer Nazi.

the good ol boy network at play working to shut out the up and cummers from their exclusive little club

Seriously. He's an up and cummer.

Last edited:
Serious question for those saying that these rankings matter: to whom do they matter and why, in your opinion?

They matter to kids applying to schools, which is the point. It mattered to me.

BDZ's got it. These rankings primarily matter to high school students applying to schools and the parents of high school students. Regardless of problems in methodology, we should take them seriously (and it seems that we do).

So its really just a prestige thing, more than anything tangible.

It's more than a prestige thing. It affects PR and marketing for the school and has a serious effect on admissions.

If you really can't see that being highly ranked on the list matters, I'm not sure what else to say. It's a no-brainer.

It's more than a prestige thing. It affects PR and marketing for the school and has a serious effect on admissions.

If you really can't see that being highly ranked on the list matters, I'm not sure what else to say. It's a no-brainer.

perhaps we should get knocked down a peg for giving philliesdeac a degree

Back