• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Also never forget the original and just how funky Mr. Lee Dorsey could be.

Bruce Hornsby is going to be the guest on the pre-game Shakedown Stream this Friday. Show will be a May '91 Shoreline show featuring...Bruce Hornsby.

Watching a Whitney stream right now and still like these guys. A couple youngsters just going straight for a soft rock vibe and they mostly pull it off. It could go terribly wrong with the drummer's naturally high voice, which I think is just his natural singing voice and not like a falsetto or anything, but it's sincere stuff without seeming super sappy. Anyway, I've seen these guys before and eaten tickets to two other shows because I'm lame and easily discouraged, but I like that they bring like an 8 person band with them, too. It's all quite pleasant.

And they get points for covering the Roches and this amazing tune of theirs. Robert Fripp produced and guitars.

built to spill are who i put on when i need to mellow, great live too

Yeah, I've seen them live once or twice, and it just didn't meet the hype for me at the time. Could be a different story now, though. I've dug a couple of their records, but never go back to them. I think it's just one of those things.

Yeah, should have credited them, not someone I stumbled upon on my own!

bought a copy for my brother in law, it's beautiful stuff

aquarium drunkard is just so good

Yeah, really great resource to discover new shit, both old and contemporary, across genres. Glad they exist.

Bruce starts about talking about how very well-received his latest record was, what great press it got from so many resources, you wouldn't believe how many. rapturous praise, all across the world.

Then uses "fecund" in a sentence.

Nice.

Here's that Jerry Garcia Band show that Hornsby sat in on that he just mentioned. Might have to spin later.

Back