• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Bruce has a lot of black friends and still hangs with his high school basketball team around town, on which he was the only white dude, and is very glad the donations tonight are going to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

Hornsby also mentions this collaboration, which sounds interesting. I'm a little skeptical, but open to it.

Ooh that JGB show has good numbers, 1191991, probably great vibes

Uh, Bruce, the black man impersonation might, uh, it might not be the time.

I saw H.E.R. on Austin City Limits last night. She's a helluva of a guitarist.

Here's that Jerry Garcia Band show that Hornsby sat in on that he just mentioned. Might have to spin later.

I was there.

Saw 10 Jerry band shows and this is the only one that had an encore

Last edited:
V cool. Looking forward to checking it out.

Here is the set one closer. JGB was like church.

[video=youtube;BrcQlBIygQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=262&v=BrcQlBIygQs&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

What an opener. What a record. "Is it an horrific dream?" Couple of young kids getting deep. Curt Smith did a "listening party" live tweet thing of this record yesterday which was pretty fun (Roland Orzabal is not on social media), which made me decide to pull it up.

I’m a little late to the conversation but Built to Spill is fucking awesome. Nothing Wrong with Love through Keep it Like a Secret were great albums.

I’m a little late to the conversation but Built to Spill is fucking awesome. Nothing Wrong with Love through Keep it Like a Secret were great albums.

i also love 2006's You In Reverse

i also love 2006's You In Reverse

There are some great songs on that one, but also some that I skip. Just tier below Nothing wrong with love. His solo album had some great tunes too.

On the subject of Doug Martsch, the Halo Benders were a fun band too:

Back