• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

i miss when the usic thread was just me raving about japanese breakfast and modern baseball and spencer krug

here are some albums that i have loved so far this year:

phoebe bridgers - punisher (was there any doubt i would love this, obviously i love this, it is probably my album of the year at this point)
porridge radio - every bad (this one too, obviously, though it reminds me more of Savages [maybe a mix of Savages and Speedy Ortiz?] than anything else, either way it is lovely and you should love it)
spanish love songs - brave faces everyone
jeff rosenstock - no dream
run the jewels - rtj4
hamilton leithauser - the loves of your life
empty country - s/t
king krule - man alive!

other 2020 usic thoughts:
-i thought wolf parade, tame impala, car seat headrest, the strokes, real estate albums were all various levels of disappointing/bad/embarassing
-grimes seemed fine, hot mulligan too
-don't think i ever got around perfume genius
-looking forward to haim
-i've never been able to get into fiona apple, this album was okay i guess? i liked the title track
-i defs listened to jay electronica, soccer mommy, waxahatchee, and moses sumney but i can't quite remember them, probs need to have another listen

car seat headrest is good, actually, just took me a while to get my hooks into it or its hooks into me maybe, but i'd start again with Deadlines (Hostile) and work your way in and out from there

fiona apple too, though p4k had to go and ruin it

i also like moses sumney

i do remember thinking that was the better version of deadlines, yeah

but i should say i like all the albums you mentioned (haven't listened that much to jeff rosenstock)

phoebe is the first album i've ever pre-ordered on vinyl, so good

that spanish love songs album is my favorite sleeper this year. that album is wild

i'm not sure jeff rosenstock can make a bad album

are we doing lists. do i need to get my list out? there's a lot of ambient on it, i'm afraid.

I dropped 50 years ago today, and these albums dropped around the same time, so i'm figuring they were gestating along with me:

220px-Grateful_Dead_-_Workingman%27s_Dead.jpg

220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Self_Portrait.jpg

173828-struttin.jpg

201277-expansions.jpg

21397-runt.jpg

Happy Birthday WakeandBake, enjoy it man.

Having recently listened to like 20+ hours of music from 1970 for a ridiculous playlist my boss and I put together, I can confirm it was a good year for tunes.

Back