• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Bejar posted lyrics from that on his Insta and it has gotten me to spin Rubies, which may be his best? Damn, this is a good record. I'm a big, big fan of the early stuff, but maybe this and Kaputt are the best. It's an impressive catalog.

Dueling cyclones jackknife
They got eyes for your wife
and the blood that lives in her heart

Peak mid-aughts stuff for me.

Last edited:
I used to fly the flag of Your Blues for a while, which might be controversial, but I think that was partly a backlash to the lukewarm reception I think it had? I forget, I feel like I heard some people talk shit about one and I love its weird synthiness.

Last edited:
Too bad they didn’t show the next night of Trey with TTB where they did the entire Layla album

That sounds cool. I think it was the recent Merlefest archive stream where Trucks and Tedeschi did "Bell Bottom Blues" with Sam Bush, which was pretty awesome. I think I have that right, anyway.

I've had the Met's free stream of Dr. Atomic going on this morning (free until 7:30 tonight when it switches to Saint-Saen's Samson et Dalila, which should also be good), and this thing is great. John Adams is a genius, might need to listen to Nixon in China next, which is one of my favorites.

lol this dude is rightfully in awe of Zach Hill and MC Ride.

I went and saw Run the Jewels I think around their first record. Summer 2013? Good show. Met a woman I dated for a bit for the first time that night right after. Kind of a sweltering, sticky night, but fun.

Also, Sturgill has a livestream from the Ryman at the beginning of the month. Put a bluegrass spin on all the songs he played. Also announced he will be putting out two albums this year, both of which will be bluegrass. I actually enjoyed the show a lot and thought the bluegrass sounded great.

Back