• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Thank you Taylor for going to work during the pandemic.

30 years ago today, Brent's last show with the Dead: https://archive.org/details/gd90-07-23.sbd.oconner.7612.sbeok.shnf/gd90-07-23d1t01.shn

sound on this gets nice and crisp about 2 minutes in to the first track

killer, killer setlist

Cold Rain & Snow, Picasso Moon, Good Time Blues, Stagger Lee, Cassidy, Truckin'-> Smokestack Lightning Victim Or The Crime-> Foolish Heart-> Women Are Smarter-> Terrapin Station, Drums-> Jam-> All Along The Watchtower-> Standing On the Moon-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin', E: The Weight

Digging it. I didn't realize how soon he died after I saw them. They were back on tour 6 weeks after Brent's death.

wish Hornsby stayed on full time. it was a lazy search to replace Brent. essentially they just wanted someone who could sing, didn't really care too much about the key playing ability and didn't want to do a big search.

Thank you Taylor for going to work during the pandemic.

I assume another Jack Antonoff project. What an ascendancy from his Steel Train and fun. days. The Bon Iver track has me intrigued.

30 years ago today, Brent's last show with the Dead: https://archive.org/details/gd90-07-23.sbd.oconner.7612.sbeok.shnf/gd90-07-23d1t01.shn

sound on this gets nice and crisp about 2 minutes in to the first track

killer, killer setlist

Cold Rain & Snow, Picasso Moon, Good Time Blues, Stagger Lee, Cassidy, Truckin'-> Smokestack Lightning Victim Or The Crime-> Foolish Heart-> Women Are Smarter-> Terrapin Station, Drums-> Jam-> All Along The Watchtower-> Standing On the Moon-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin', E: The Weight

Nice find, Townie!

I can’t take that much credit, follow David Lemieux on twitter, he’s the band’s archivist and is always posting these gems.

I can’t take that much credit, follow David Lemieux on twitter, he’s the band’s archivist and is always posting these gems.

his job seems awesome. he also hosts Today in GD History on the Sirius Channel where he plays most of a set from that day and it's amazing how knowledgeable is is.

such a cool dude

he was on one of the pre-shows for the friday night dead streams, and he has excellent vibes

think it's cause he's canadian

well that makes sense, i have only watched one of them

yep checks out

pretty sweet

DSC_0729.jpg

this one on Trophy Brewing in Raleigh shows that NC was home to some heavy hitters

looked up the NC Musicians Mural Project and they have forthcoming murals in Marshville and Rocky Mount

figure Thelonious Monk for Rocky Mount

I guess Randy Travis over K-Ci and JoJo for Marshville

Back