• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Need to get dat DaBaby mural working in the QC !

Raleigh lobbying for Clay Aiken.

Peter Green, guitar player, founder of Fleetwood Mac, has died. Rather than name the band after himself, the lead guitarist, he named it for his drummer and bass player. He was known as one of the British "guitar gods." He was the writer of much of their early music. Early on the band was sometimes called "Peter Green's Flletwood Mac." He also wrote "Black Magic Woman" which Santana turned into a mega hit.

He was out of the group and out of music. suffered from drug addiction and mental illness for many years. He had been playing with a small, little known band lately.

RIP, one of the little known musicians that made rock and roll music.

such a cool dude

he was on one of the pre-shows for the friday night dead streams, and he has excellent vibes

think it's cause he's canadian
He hosts every pre stream with Gary Lambert

30 years ago today, Brent's last show with the Dead: https://archive.org/details/gd90-07-23.sbd.oconner.7612.sbeok.shnf/gd90-07-23d1t01.shn

sound on this gets nice and crisp about 2 minutes in to the first track

killer, killer setlist

Cold Rain & Snow, Picasso Moon, Good Time Blues, Stagger Lee, Cassidy, Truckin'-> Smokestack Lightning Victim Or The Crime-> Foolish Heart-> Women Are Smarter-> Terrapin Station, Drums-> Jam-> All Along The Watchtower-> Standing On the Moon-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin', E: The Weight

IWT:

Comments on this show.

1st set closed with two rare occurances: 3 bobby songs in a row and a 1st set Smokestack lightning. Broth unusual.
That entire tour, they played something unusal after Victim/Foolish all tour: KC a mid set Scarlet Fire DC: Dark Star Deer Creek: Playin>China Doll>Uncle Johns. Here on the 4th time, they did something unusual preceeding it.

Brent's last sung lyrics with the band were: I gotta go, but my Friends can stick around. Eerie

Just spun Heartland to remind me and then rewatched The Riverbed music video and holy shit

No discussion of folklore? I realize T Swift is a bit less serious than most of the usic discussed here but it’s pretty good. Very moody and well written. Definitely feels like more of a fall/winter album than summer but it’s 2020 so nothing matters anymore. At a minimum, her ability to shift across so many different genres is very impressive.

partner was laying in bed listening to it on their phone speaker like a goof last night

sounded aight

i have only listened to the tune with bon iver and i very much did not like it

YMMV

if the most underrated band of the 60s is the kinks, the 80s is toto and the 90s is blind melon, what's the answer for the 70s? i used to know but i forgot.

i have a hard time believing that the most underrated bands for each decade of the latter half of the 20th century are all white bands

Back