• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

not really a huge fan of Sigur Ros but I've always like the song 'Samskeyti' which was used in the movie 'Mysterious Skin'. This is an awesome live, in studio, performance.

Wish I could have gone to the National show, I'm really digging the new album

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Overrated white people music. Much like the National except louder.

Just got an email saying they are coming to North Charleston in September and that tickets go on sale tomorrow. Have no idea who they are and probably won't buy based on the feedback of this board.

To provide an alternate opinion, I think they're a really tremendous band and a fantastic live show. I can't imagine someone walking away unimpressed from their show whether or not you know their music. It's a mix of symphonic, prog, and ambient music. I can see how people might dislike their studio offerings because they're often slow developing and not as traditionally rhythmic as a lot of American bands (they're from Iceland). But again, in concert, I found them to be truly amazing.

To provide an alternate opinion, I think they're a really tremendous band and a fantastic live show. I can't imagine someone walking away unimpressed from their show whether or not you know their music. It's a mix of symphonic, prog, and ambient music. I can see how people might dislike their studio offerings because they're often slow developing and not as traditionally rhythmic as a lot of American bands (they're from Iceland). But again, in concert, I found them to be truly amazing.

Are you getting tickets to the Sigue Ros show in Philly? Presale is in 3 minutes:

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/presale/

that'll be incredible. i skipped other shows at Lolla just to get up as close as possible before their set started. really incredible experience, and powerful up close. i think part of what makes it so incredible is how simply and slowly they can start a song, and then a few minutes later, how unbelievably loud and powerful and rich the sound coming at you is.

well i didn't mean to use the word "incredible" three times and "powerful" twice, but i stick with it

Well, I'm white and like the National, so I'm in on Sigur Ros. Just got 2 tix in the General Admission pit right up front. Reefer!

By the way, while I'm grateful that we're getting good shows around here, it's annoying that they seem to occur in clusters. We're in the midst of one now, and now another one is forming in September, when Sigur Ros, Deerhunter, and Steely Dan all visit in the span of 5 days. Same phenomenon has occurred in prior years as well. Wish these things were more evenly distributed.

By the way, while I'm grateful that we're getting good shows around here, it's annoying that they seem to occur in clusters. We're in the midst of one now, and now another one is forming in September, when Sigur Ros, Deerhunter, and Steely Dan all visit in the span of 5 days. Same phenomenon has occurred in prior years as well. Wish these things were more evenly distributed.

I am assuming you are speaking about Philly. If so, yes I very much agree. Fortunately, my sister and her boyfriend now have an apartment in the city. This now makes it easier (cheaper) to stay and more fun (now we can imbibe because we don't have to drive).

I am assuming you are speaking about Philly. If so, yes I very much agree. Fortunately, my sister and her boyfriend now have an apartment in the city. This now makes it easier (cheaper) to stay and more fun (now we can imbibe because we don't have to drive).

I was actually referring to Raleigh. I guess the same thing happens in Philly? I'll be in Philly all next week -- I guess I should see if there are any good shows.

I am attributing this 9 day (June 10-18) cluster to Bonnaroo being this weekend. The National, Dirty Projectors, The Lumineers, Passion Pit, The XX, Grizzly Bear, Glen Hansard, Beach House and Local Natives are Bonnaroo acts playing Raleigh, Charlotte or Charleston during this stretch. Sure there are a lot more, but that is just off the top of my head.

I wonder how many people are planning on going to see all three of these shows. Seems like three totally different fanbases so my guess, 10.

Back