• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Sandusky and Europa (Santana) are probably my favorite instrumental songs. Chanty by Son Volt is pretty sweet too.

Gideon and I'm Amazed from the My Morning Jacket show on Sunday night.

Last edited:
2n1usmu.jpg

Fucking Jimmy Buffett. This jackleg was in front of me this morning on the way in to work. The color of the car (mixture of rust and school bus) was something I would expect from a Buffett fan.

Just found out Deer Tick is playing in Charleston in October. Can't wait to see them live again.

Going to see Grace Potter tomorrow night at The Fillmore. 4th time I have seen her in less than a year (no stalker).
Edit: Anybody familiar with the opener, Floating Action?

Last edited:
Going to see Grace Potter tomorrow night at The Fillmore. 4th time I have seen her in less than a year (no stalker).
Edit: Anybody familiar with the opener, Floating Action?

All I know of them is that they're from Black Mtn, NC and they're being hailed as one of NCs current 'it' bands.

Was flipping through the channels and found a July, 2011 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals concert from NYC.

I don't get why she's not huge. She has great presence, a solid voice, is a very good musician.

The chick on bass can play, sing and is sexy.

The lead guitarist can play everything and the drummer is very solid.

They have really good material and put on a good show.

I'm prolly late to the party on this one, but The Weeknd has really grown on me. His new mixtape, Thursday, is outstanding.

Was flipping through the channels and found a July, 2011 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals concert from NYC.

I don't get why she's not huge. She has great presence, a solid voice, is a very good musician.

The chick on bass can play, sing and is sexy.

The lead guitarist can play everything and the drummer is very solid.

They have really good material and put on a good show.

Guessing it was the Live From The Artists Den show in Bryant Park which was filmed last summer IIRC. Agree with everything else in your post. Did sell out the 2000 person Fillmore in CLT last night, but don't think it sold out until yesterday afternoon.

My bad, the date on the TV listing was 2011....She might need some better hooks ni her songs to get airplay.

I actaully like it when she rocks more than her ballads. She should play 80/20 rock to ballads.

I can't believe she isn't an indie/collge radio star.

Here's a mix for everyone as my re-entry to the boards comes full circle. A little something for everyone here, including new Ryan Adams, one from the Weeknd as WakeFanatic mentioned, and some great new releases from smaller labels.

1. Lucky Now - Ryan Adams
2. Ophelia - Luke Temple
3. Everything Must Spin - Ryan Driver
4. Gun Shy - Widowspeak
5. Warn Me, Right - Appetite
6. The Zone - The Weeknd f. Drake
7. Tango Down - Sadsic
8. Plaza Meditation - Cermak
9. I Kill Your Love, Baby! - I Break Horses
10. Lucky - Castanets
11. DENNY'S (on Thursday) - Language and Politics
12. Turiya - Barn Owl
13. Emily the Bear/ You, Go, We'll Stay Here - Br'er

http://www.mediafire.com/?w50es8tidj15eb3

I've been going down Coke Machine Glow's top 100 albums of the 2000s, and I'm finally in the 20s. I think I'm gonna do Pitchfork's next to compare. There have been some real gems among albums I've never hears before. It's been a really humbling experience, finding out how little I knew in a decade I love musically.

Listening to Tha Carter IV now. Terribly underwhelming. Not to say there's not fun to be had here, but it seems that the rap game has surpassed Wayne.

Back