• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I will strongly voice my support for the new Fruit Bats' cd too, while that latest post was bumped.

Saw Deer Tick live a a little over a month ago, I have been listening to them for a while and was looking for to seeing them. They did not disappoint, in fact far surpassed my expectations live...Anyways, during the second set the lead singer the guitarist (two dudes) started hardcore making out while they were still playing. I have nothing against gay people, it was just very odd and unexpected in the middle of a badass set. This happen at any of the times people on here have seen them live?

Also, at Lolla heard tons of great music, but did stumble onto a band on the smallest stage named Chain Gang of 1974. They absolutely killed it live and are currently touring with The Naked and The Famous, highly recommend checking them out.

Saw Deer Tick live a a little over a month ago, I have been listening to them for a while and was looking for to seeing them. They did not disappoint, in fact far surpassed my expectations live...Anyways, during the second set the lead singer the guitarist (two dudes) started hardcore making out while they were still playing. I have nothing against gay people, it was just very odd and unexpected in the middle of a badass set. This happen at any of the times people on here have seen them live?

Also, at Lolla heard tons of great music, but did stumble onto a band on the smallest stage named Chain Gang of 1974. They absolutely killed it live and are currently touring with The Naked and The Famous, highly recommend checking them out.

They better not do that shit in Charleston. By the way, can you post the setlist.

There's some irony here. When we were your ages, the older people thought our music was too outrageous and way too hard.

After listening to your selections, I find your stuff way too soft.

There's some irony here. When we were your ages, the older people thought our music was too outrageous and way too hard.

Are you looking for different ways to say the same thing or are you going to start cutting and pasting your comments soon like you do with excerpts from your book?

Ive seen them live probably 5-6 times. John McCauley is a nut. Will be shocked if he makes it to 30. I have never seen making out, but I have seen him smoke weed and take bumps on stage, throw beer on the crowd, destroy guitars and equipment and climb the rafters at shitty, unsafe clubs. He's recently got naked onstage for no reason at a private show in the hamptons full of stuffy people. Everyone should attend the John McCauley frontman school.

They better not do that shit in Charleston. By the way, can you post the setlist.

The 1st set was all of their more popular songs Ashamed, Baltimore Blues, These Old Shoes, etc...The second set they played a lot of stuff that will be on their new album. It was a lot harder, more rock n roll, and I loved it. The stuff seems more influenced by Ian O'neil (formally of Titus Andronicus). For the most part I was beyond hammered, so don't have more of a critique other then it was awesome...oh, one of their 3 encore songs was "La Bamba."

It's not exactly the MC5... that is no lie.

The 1st set was all of their more popular songs Ashamed, Baltimore Blues, These Old Shoes, etc...The second set they played a lot of stuff that will be on their new album. It was a lot harder, more rock n roll, and I loved it. The stuff seems more influenced by Ian O'neil (formally of Titus Andronicus). For the most part I was beyond hammered, so don't have more of a critique other then it was awesome...oh, one of their 3 encore songs was "La Bamba."

Cool hoping to get to see them again when they come to Charleston in October. Saw them in Atlanta with Dead Confederate and Futurebirds opening and they played pretty much everything except These Old Shoes. The lead singer was sick and drinking water the whole night so no crazy antics. As long as I hear Twenty Miles, Piece By Piece Frame By Frame, and Mange, I will be happy.

Totally agree. You boys are lame. I got RJ a Deep Purple album cover signed by all of the original band members for his birthday. He told me a long interesting story about how he and his friends used to play that album out the window of the Lambda Chi tower every afternoon while they were getting high. He's a nut.

Really dig his voice.Will also check out the songs mentioned by truif and TAG

Totally agree. You boys are lame. I got RJ a Deep Purple album cover signed by all of the original band members for his birthday. He told me a long interesting story about how he and his friends used to play that album out the window of the Lambda Chi tower every afternoon while they were getting high. He's a nut.

Do you wear a clothespin on your nose during sex or do you like old man smell?

Future Islands! Former Greenville, NC kids now living in Baltimore. Their new album, due out in October, is gonna be awesome. Most of their videos are shot on the NC coast and here are the first two video singles from the upcoming record.

As if anyone cares, Phish is currently playing a show in Denver tonight and every song they have played has started with the letter s. Pretty cool, wish I was there.

Back