• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Another song, this one is available on iTunes.

Got Furthur tix for November in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

Anyone listen to A.A. Bondy?

Caught him on Spinner last week. I like his new album, and wrote a track down for myself to check out later while at work. Didn't know him/them before then I don't think.

Friend of mine posted this today. Kendra Smith of the Dream Syndicate and later Opal (which became Mazzy Star after she left), and Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles. Yeah, I don't know, good tune, though.

ETA - It's a Neil Young tune originally. Buffalo Springfield recorded it. Ha, didn't know that.

Last edited:
Caught him on Spinner last week. I like his new album, and wrote a track down for myself to check out later while at work. Didn't know him/them before then I don't think.

First couple listens and I am enjoying his stuff.

New Pearl Jam song. It kinda sucks.

Probably the biggest PJ fan on the boards, and I was not a fan of Ole either when they performed it on Fallon last week.

Was however a fan of Vedder pairing up with Fallon to sing "Balls in Your Mouth." Cool to see Vedder show his sense of humor, but that song was a perfect fit. He has hated BP well before the spill in the Gulf.

http://loudwire.com/jimmy-fallon-eddie-vedder-balls-in-your-mouth/

Can't wait to see the Cameron Crowe doc.

Still not sure what I think about the first "official" Das Racist release. Need a few more listens. They're quickly approaching a territory where their self-aware, "lol @ all of you" schtick might be hurting their music in general.

Yes, toeing the line between serious and joke is a fine one, and difficult in general, but when you focus on the line for too long, that's all you end up seeing in endless repetition.

They might need to take a step back, close their eyes and start over for their next release, coming at it from another angle.

Just about to dive into the new Girls album. Expecting good things from the few tracks I've heard already.

There's a band at Ziggy's tonight called PLONK! with a helluva drummer. Starts at 9pm

http://www.youtube.com/aclfestival

ACL Festival has 2 YouTube channel's showing mostly live sets of the festival this weekend. Delta Spirit and Brandi Carlile on now. Also featured are sets by:
TODAY
Smith Westerns
Big Boi
Foster the People
Coldplay
James Blake
Ray LaMontagne
Cold War Kids
Bright Eyes

SATURDAY
Alexander (lead dude in Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros)
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Fitz & the Tantrums
Cut Copy
TV on the Radio
My Morning Jacket
Iron & Wine

SUNDAY
The Head & the Heart
Ryan Bingham & the Dead Horses
Fleet Foxes
Social Distortion
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
The Walkmen

and a lot more. BTW, couldn't get it to work on my iPad, but fine on regular laptop. Good quality in the 20 minutes I have listened/watched.

Waiting in line for doors at the Avett Bros.

Checked out the Deer Tick tracks that TAB recommended this morning. Do like.

The Blueprint turns 10 years old this week.

Back