• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Anybody get the free iTunes stuff this week? the stuff is pretty good

Late to the game with the band called Girls but this song from their 2009 debut is awesome. New record out this week already getting loads of great press. May have to go and check them out at the Cradle tonight.

Haven't been to a show in forever, maybe I'll hit that up as well. I am eager to see the remodeling, too.

Haven't been to a show in forever, maybe I'll hit that up as well. I am eager to see the remodeling, too.

Haven't seen it either but a friend of mine helped with the remodeling and he's been telling me to hurry up and get my ass over there to see the new digs. He says that it looks great!

Caught him on Spinner last week. I like his new album, and wrote a track down for myself to check out later while at work. Didn't know him/them before then I don't think.

My favorite track is Witness Blues.

I thought he was dead for a while there. He didn't release anything for a while.

Late to the game with the band called Girls but this song from their 2009 debut is awesome. New record out this week already getting loads of great press. May have to go and check them out at the Cradle tonight.

They were on Conan this week (with Will Arnett and Sir Richard Branson). I liked what I heard.

Well, I thought the "new" Cradle was pretty cool, but that band was kinda boring. I liked what I heard this afternoon enough, but it translated super bland in there for me. It was similar to when I saw Telekinesis live and this band kind of reminds me of them in general.

Last edited:
I had an awesome bike ride though, in case anyone was interested. Crisp.

Happened to check out the ACL stream yesterday and saw J. Roddy Walston & The Business performing... Got their self-titled album and it's a pretty damn good rock record.

Well, I thought the "new" Cradle was pretty cool, but that band was kinda boring. I liked what I heard this afternoon enough, but it translated super bland in there for me. It was similar to when I saw Telekinesis live and this band kind of reminds me of them in general.

What kind of changes did they make at the cradle?

The gutted the entire inside. No more platforms or interior walls and they took down the drop ceiling. The only barrier between the audience and the bar is the soundboard, but you can walk around both sides to get to the back/bar portion. There are benches along both side walls and that's the only seating besides the booths that are on the way to the smoking patio.

One now enters on the right side through what used to be the arcade room. It is MUCH more open in there. I think it was a long overdue facelift and -- while this show wasn't close to sold out -- retains the small(er) intimate club atmosphere without seeming cramped or stuffy.

Didn't need to take a leak, so I didn't see if they still had the awesome trough in the men's room, though.

I should have taken a picture, that was dumb.

On Spinner, there's the new Hendrix from Winterland release. Bill Graham on all the intros. Sounds good so far.

I'm probably late to this game, but I like this song -- and the kid looks Rick Astley, who had a big fat hit, it was ghastly.

ETA - More:

Last edited:
I admit Girls are talented, but I just can't get 100% behind them due to their use of peen microphones (If you don't know what I'm talking about, be careful while looking through their video catalog).

at the new Ziggy's Friday night (me on drums).

Not thrilled so much with the feel of the place. Stage is big and deep, sound is good - but it's all concrete and steel.

2q853c3.jpg
[/IMG]

Back