• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

at the new Ziggy's Friday night (me on drums).

Not thrilled so much with the feel of the place. Stage is big and deep, sound is good - but it's all concrete and steel.

Been looking for an excuse to road trip to W-S for a show to check out the new Ziggy's, but dang if their booking hasn't been up to par. Looking at the band schedule it's as if the club is still stuck in their late 80s/early 90s era. Hopefully this will improve over time but the Cradle and the Orange Peel are still booking vastly superior acts.

Pre-sale information available at: mymorningjacket.com

Dec 1st LA @ The Gibson (with Sharon Jones &The Dap Kings)

Dec 2nd San Francisco @ Bill Graham Civic (with Sharon Jones &The Dap Kings)

Dec 6th Tulsa @ Brady Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

Dec 7th Dallas @ Verizon Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

Dec 8th Houston @ Verizon Wireless Theatre (with Delta Spirit)

Dec 10th Boca Raton @ Sunset Cove (with Delta Spirit)

Dec 11th Orlando @ Hard Rock Live (with Delta Spirit)

Dec 12th Greensboro @ War Memorial Auditorium (with Delta Spirit)
Dec 14th NYC @ Madison Square Garden (with Band Of Horses)

Been looking for an excuse to road trip to W-S for a show to check out the new Ziggy's, but dang if their booking hasn't been up to par. Looking at the band schedule it's as if the club is still stuck in their late 80s/early 90s era. Hopefully this will improve over time but the Cradle and the Orange Peel are still booking vastly superior acts.

Looks like Ziggy's has ZOSO booked for Wake homecoming on 10/15. Guess I won't be getting a look at the inside of the new place on this trip.

doesn't give much of an idea, but here's a view of the main stage from the balcony

29dz0wz.jpg

Looks like a great festival ... have to shout out to friends of a friend in Moon Taxi -- they put on a great show, young guys from the south getting more and more popular

Haven't heard them before but like that song a lot. I think we may just go Friday night because I don't know if I want to spend $150 to go for two days. Even though that band does seem good and I want to see Fitz and the Tantrums

Fleet Foxes and the Walkmen tomorrow in downtown Raleigh. Should be cool.

But he makes out with a chick in that!

He certainly wasn't that flamboyant on Saturday and played it all pretty straightforward, which was part of the problem for me. I get how his vocals could take some time getting used to for some people, but I thought that was part of their distinct sound and it was completely lost (at least where I was standing) live.

So it came off as straight forward semi-soft rock and I don't think the songs are there -- or I'm not familiar with or attached to them -- to pull of just straight forward semi-soft rock, because his band wasn't helping him out with any tight harmonies or anything like that to spice it up, either.

I think in one of the videos someone posted (or one other I saw or a pic) of Girls he is wearing a Suede shirt. Nice.

Ahhhh, here 'tis.

girls-bus-sandy-kim-e1288022995283.jpg

Last edited:
Back