• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

That album cover reminds me of the ending of Electra Glide in Blue. (Spoiler, the end)

Mount Moriah playing downtown Winston for free tomorrow night, I'm excited to finally catch them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hopscotch Lineup. Television?????

So dope that The Era Footwork Crew is gonna be at Hopscotch.

They're screening this minidoc and doing a workshop at this reconverted bank that I'mma hit in a couple weeks.

So dope that The Era Footwork Crew is gonna be at Hopscotch.

They're screening this minidoc and doing a workshop at this reconverted bank that I'mma hit in a couple weeks.

This reminded me a bit of dancing from Soweto back in the 80s. Looked up dancing in Soweto and couldn't find any vids from back then. This is not the same as Chicago footwork but still amazing. Watch the hat at the end.

What do you guys think of Borns? I saw a show of his on TV and liked most of it.

New Radiohead dropping on Sunday.

Pretty meh album. Better than King Of Limbs, but middling territory for them. Beautiful, lush textures, but the pacing of this album is similar to KOL. Need to give it a few more listens I guess.

Found it through Spotify's Discover Weekly feature. Found some real good stuff that way.

Yeah, I heard it from a Field Music playlist the band did a few months ago (they probably heard it on a Discover Weekly playlist), but then it showed up on my Discover Weekly feature later, as well as one of my buddy's. Must be some kind of crazy algorithm. We were both like "oh man, I have this crazy African chill music for you to listen to," and there it was. The same thing.

My one this week looks pretty cool: Modern Lovers, Brad Mehldau, Thomas Dolby, Spirit, The Clientele, Stephen Stills, Gil Scott-Heron, Charles Bradley, Buzzcocks, David Byrne, Isaac Hayes. Etc. etc.

Something else I heard on that playlist and via Field Music:

Some really great sounds on this record.

Last edited:
Back