• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

This ambient composer dude William Basinski is playing at the Hopscotch Festival in Raleigh in September. I had never heard of him, but have been listening to his shit a little bit on this Hopscotch spotify playlist and this is like totally incredible and kind of mind blowing but also unsettling and just...aaaaaahhhh. The stuff about listening to this while the World Trade Center fell just kind gives me the creeps, but also is weirdly life affirming or something. I don't know. Pitchfork gave this album a 10/10.

Have you guys ever heard of this? I feel like Townie would have thoughts. RIP Townie.

Last edited:
Damn. Guy Clark was a boss. Old #1 is a classic country record.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Boats to Build is my favorite song of his.

ragewebsite-screenshot.jpg

I still need one of you dinguses to listen to this and tell me it is not the most haunting damn thing ever. I swear, it is like the music that would be playing as you slowly died:

This ambient composer dude William Basinski is playing at the Hopscotch Festival in Raleigh in September. I had never heard of him, but have been listening to his shit a little bit on this Hopscotch spotify playlist and this is like totally incredible and kind of mind blowing but also unsettling and just...aaaaaahhhh. The stuff about listening to this while the World Trade Center fell just kind gives me the creeps, but also is weirdly life affirming or something. I don't know. Pitchfork gave this album a 10/10.

Have you guys ever heard of this? I feel like Townie would have thoughts. RIP Townie.

Missed this. Basinski is the shit. Last year's Cascade is really impressive - vid you linked is his most popular series.

If you like that you need to check out Steve Roach, Marconi Union, Celer, Stars of the Lid or Loscil. Stars of the Lid is my personal favorite.

R.I.P. Guy Clark

I had just recently begun listening to him.

Damn. Guy Clark was a boss. Old #1 is a classic country record.

Boats to Build is my favorite song of his.

Here is a good cover Ryan Bingham (one of my favorites) did in his honor:

https://www.facebook.com/RyanBingham/videos/10154005635394017/

Here are a couple of my engagement photos:

205157_635752350103_6105234_n.jpg

209701_635752449903_5239370_o.jpg

219042_635753792213_5624144_o.jpg

A band that doesn't get props it deserves

I had almost forgotten this one. It's definitely in Top 10 covers. It's damn near perfect.

Very tasty

Have to have this one

Last edited:
I love the Chambers Brothers "New Generation" -- heard it in a bar a couple of years ago and struggled to find it, as I think it was out of print for a while, but stumbled on a download off of a sketchy vinyl site. Now of course the whole thing is on youtube, but "Young Girl" in particular, is my jam.

Album art by the great Mati Klarwein.

Last edited:
Back