• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

To be clear, the masterpiece I was referring to is the song, but I do think it's a nice little write up. Not that I disagree with you. Also, I'm pretty sure there is a guitar somewhere in the mix. Basically low string keeping the beat, but it's not in your face guitar like most rock songs, so I get where he's coming from.

To be clear, the masterpiece I was referring to is the song, but I do think it's a nice little write up. Not that I disagree with you. Also, I'm pretty sure there is a guitar somewhere in the mix. Basically low string keeping the beat, but it's not in your face guitar like most rock songs, so I get where he's coming from.

Yeah, I was not implying you believed this writer's work to be a masterpiece. My comment was more around the first part of the article digs into the greatness of this song, but the second part falls off, precipitously, in its quality.

Last edited:
Need comp recs. What's your favorite compilation, reissue or double album?

Seeing Seu Jorge tonight, playing a Bowie tribute (basically the Life Aquatic soundtrack).

WOOT

That's cool A friend of mine is going to his Boston show on Wednesday. I'm jealous.

The first Beleza Tropical is a great compilation put out by Luaka Bop (David Byrne) that serves as a nice intro to Brazilian shit.

I don't do a lot of reissues, but Elvis Costello's Trust reissue has a couple of nice bonus tracks.

Double albums? Holy shit, dude. Songs In The Key Of Life, All Things Must Pass, Layla, Tusk, Physical Graffiti, The Wall, London Calling, Exile on Main Street, Blonde On Blonde, Bitches Brew, The White Album, Wu-Tang Forever, Sign O' The Times, Quadrophenia, Measure (I think that counts, but you know me, I'm a Field Music fanboy), At Fillmore East, Rock of Ages (The Band live). Probs missing some obvious ones, too.

Last edited:
These are two amazing double albums, sort of compilations, of a style of Brazilian music from the state of Minas Gerais. It's sort of a collective, though Milton Nascimento and Lo Borges are the main dudes.

This is a Gilberto Gil compilation/double album of his own style.

Back