• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Went to my first concert in years earlier this month, went to see a great new band I've been listening to, RDGLDGRN (pronounced Red, Gold, Green, seen below with Dave Grohl drumming for them). Sort of a rock/hip hop kinda deal. They opened for Dirty Heads in Raleigh Oct. 9th, which was boring as hell because it was all new stuff and maybe 2 songs from earlier albums.

And really gotten into Nahko and The Medicine For The People recently...very uplifting and spiritual kind of jams.

Last edited:
Broke out Andrew Cedermark's Moon Deluxe for the first time in a few years. I forgot how good that album is.

My ambien didn't work last night so I spent a few hours in no man's land between awake and asleep. This song came on my iTunes and I enjoyed it:

i thought 2016 was the year of chance but now i think it might be the year of paak

Nah, you'd have to buy a ticket to both.

Dang. I just remember going with you for whatever show that was and being able to check out the back room as well without a ticket. I might actually be more interested in seeing Flock of Dimes than Animal Collective.

Hmmm, maybe it depends on the show. Maybe you can swing in there depending on what type of stamp you get, or they'll just let you buy a liquor drink or something, I don't know. I don't think I've ever really tried.

Perhaps I will play the "my cousin knows Jenn Wasner" card.

Get your cousin to call Jenn Wasner and have her put you on the list. Being on "the list" for shows is kind of cool. Like, I was on "the list" for a Josh Ritter show once or twice because a friend worked for his management, and I don't even like Josh Ritter, but I felt badass. I feel like I've been on the list a couple of other times for cooler people, too, will have to mine the old memories. Maybe Times New Viking since that's my girl? Hmmmm...

Last edited:
I know the tag says "Neutral Milk Shit" but I thought I post this nonetheless. Someone loaded the "Ferris Wheel On Fire" EP in full on to Youtube. It is a collection of b-sides and alternative versions of some songs not widely available, though the band did include it in their recent vinyl only box set.

I can't believe that Leonard Cohen is still putting out records this good.

Back