• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

That was depressing. You should watch Watership Down. One of Ben Folds' four marriages was to a lady whose father directed it.

I love this video so much. The first four tracks on You & Me (Donde Esta La Playa / Flamingos / On the Water / In the New Year) are silly good.

I love that album -- got into it right after a break up and it fits for that pretty well. I need to give the new Hamilton Leithauser record another listen -- that guy sings his ass off, I'll give him that. I wasn't grabbed by it first time through, though.

I love that album -- got into it right after a break up and it fits for that pretty well. I need to give the new Hamilton Leithauser record another listen -- that guy sings his ass off, I'll give him that. I wasn't grabbed by it first time through, though.

The one with Rostam? It's good, a little uneven though. I really dig "A 1000 Times" and "In a Black Out".

The Robert Fripp guitar on this is awesome.
"The rabbits have fled their burrows,
Gone to earth."

The one with Rostam? It's good, a little uneven though. I really dig "A 1000 Times" and "In a Black Out".

Yeah, that's the one. Listened to it while QUITE high last weekend and didn't get into it, though there were a couple that I dug, I just didn't bother to check out song titles. Plus, no one could supplant my boy Cass last weekend, I was on a roll.

I saw them a couple of times touring for You & Me, once opening for Spoon in the spring of '08 where they stole the show, and then their own show at the Cradle -- I remember it being the night of the vice presidential debate between Biden and Palin, I think -- and they killed it again. I think I've seen them one or two other times, but those were the best. Gonna have to put on that album again and be transported to my time of utter heartbreak where only The Walkmen, two of Nick Lowe's "mature" albums The Convincer and At My Age, and Blood on the Tracks were keeping me afloat. Those are both fantastic records if you want a change of pace -- nothing like The Walkmen, but they made for nice companions that autumn.

I saw them a couple of times touring for You & Me, once opening for Spoon in the spring of '08 where they stole the show, and then their own show at the Cradle -- I remember it being the night of the vice presidential debate between Biden and Palin, I think -- and they killed it again. I think I've seen them one or two other times, but those were the best. Gonna have to put on that album again and be transported to my time of utter heartbreak where only The Walkmen, two of Nick Lowe's "mature" albums The Convincer and At My Age, and Blood on the Tracks were keeping me afloat. Those are both fantastic records if you want a change of pace -- nothing like The Walkmen, but they made for nice companions that autumn.

I think I've only seen them once, in January 2010 in Asheville. They hadn't come out with Lisbon yet, but I remember them playing something from it. Mostly You & Me tracks, which was fine by me. It's not on setlist.fm, so I can't check.

walkmen album rankings:
1.) You & Me
2.) Bows + Arrows
3.) Heaven
4.) Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me Is Gone
5.) Lisbon
6.) A Hundred Miles Off

never listened to pussy cats

Does anyone here have a favorite R.E.M. song?

I think mine is Strange Currencies.

Great to see all the Leithauser/The Walkmen love on here.

new new, like if Florence Welch stole Grimes' microphone

Nice. It was the anniversary of his death just the other day. That new Cass McCombs that I have been digging was produced by a guy that produced a few Elliott Smith records.

Back