• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

So after our Smokey Robinson discussion I turned on the Gershwin award thing and hoo-boy, was it brutal. I lasted about a song and a half, which consisted of no-names completely butchering and over-singing Smokey songs, while cabinet nominees (I think I saw Tom Price) nodded along. Made me want to punch someone, which is the opposite of what Smokey usually makes me want to do: LOVE. Anyway, Samuel L. had a couple good lines and then I started watching something else.

i always thought the words were

The road is long
With a medium windy turn

why did i think that, it doesn't make any sense, like not suuuper windy just medium windy

It's gotta be close to 50 years ago, but aren't the lyrics:

The road is long
With many a winding turn
that leads who knows where

Got a gig playing this next month. First couple of minutes are pretty boring for the viol player, but then it starts to get kind of fun.

Carols Santana echoes what I have been saying for years:

He added, “With all respect to our sister Beyonce, Beyonce is very beautiful to look at and it’s more like modelling kind of music – music to model a dress – she’s not a singer, singer, with all respect to her.”

She is a stunningly beautiful and charismatic artist, and works hard at her craft, but that ain't singing Sally

Any SoCal Deacs going to Soulquarius?

Cz1UYXsUsAAuT8O-1482007772.jpg

Hey metal heads; total n00b here looking for recs. So far I've enjoyed "Powerslave" by Iron Maiden and "Ride the Lightening" by Metallica. What are some other essential heavy metal albums I need to check out?

Gotta get Master of Puppets if you dug Ride The Lightning. And Kill 'Em All just to get through early Metal Licker.

And maybe Peace Sells..But Who's Buying? So Far, So Good...So What and Rust in Peace, just to see what Dave Mustaine was up to at the time. Others probably have deeper/better recs than that. I was pretty into both of those bands but didn't listen to much more -- some Anthrax, Pantera, hmmmm...a few others.

And of course The Number of the Beast if you liked the Maiden. I also liked the album they had with "Alexander the Great."

Last edited:
Fuck yeah, forgot how fucking HOT this album and track are, forgot so much I dabbled into some white boy metal this month. Worth it.

You know it's serious business because ALL their shirts are off.

Back