• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

What do you go see?

i1tf4oD.png

Noname, Young Thug, Mitski, and Kweku Collins

I scooped tix for Whitney, Noname, and Smino. You can only get three. I've already seen Ibeyi, Young Thug, Migos, and Lizzo recently. Kweku is over Thanksgiving. Mitski, Khalid, Syd, and Khelani were also considered.

I scooped tix for Whitney, Noname, and Smino. You can only get three. I've already seen Ibeyi, Young Thug, Migos, and Lizzo recently. Kweku is over Thanksgiving. Mitski, Khalid, Syd, and Khelani were also considered.

How was Young Thug live?

When you or somebody asked if someone else was going to be at Hopscotch, I thought that was a new beer and whisky bar in Raleigh. Good name though.

So 4 openers and started at 930 on Sunday...still waiting for the last opener...I am too old for this shiz

Crowds were so small. I was very surprised.

Wife was surprised at the relatively small crowd at Future Islands on Friday night. Only thing I could figure is that this is the first year they split up the headliners between the City Plaza and the Red Hat Amphitheater, so instead of all the headliners in one venue, they're playing at the same time in 2 different venues. I don't know. I was sick as the donkey all weekend so missed everything, but I thought this year's lineup seemed kinda hip-hop heavy compared to past years (I have done no research on this) and was surprised that Cloud Nothings and Flock of Dimes played at like 3 PM on Saturday and Sunday, rather than later in the evening.

It was hip hop heavy on Saturday, the day I went. The first several acts had crowds in the low hundreds -- so much open space. Even for Solange we could have probably gotten within 20 feet of the stage easily. They did stagger the biggest headliners so there wasn't much overlap.

Cool to have the venues around downtown after the headliners. Hurray for the Riff Raff was pretty cool, she can really sing.

I thought the prices for tickets were pretty high this year. Fiance and I had it marked on our calendars, but decided to save the money and not go. The lineup was solid, agree that it was weird that they split headliners between two stages and had them going at the same time.

Back