• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Man, War on Drugs just keeps getting better live. Get set. Played for over 2 hours. Under Pressure was strung out beautifully.

yo MOONZ !

have you listened to Slanted and Enchanted recently ?

thoughts?!?1

ETA:

Last edited:
Thoughts on the new Beck album?

Just listened on Spotify this AM. Not his best work ever, but probably 9 out of the 11 songs are good and 3 or 4 are great. I particularly like Dreams, Colors, Up All Night and Seventh Heaven. I could do with out I'm So Free Now and Fix Me, but they don't ruin the album.

yo MOONZ !

have you listened to Slanted and Enchanted recently ?

thoughts?!?1

ETA:

Did you listen to Spiral Stair's new album, "Doris and Daggers?" It's like a Luna album with less melodic singing. There were a few good tracks: "Doris and the Daggers", "Dance" and "No Comparison". But I am sorry to say that overall its another data point in the mounting evidence that Malkmus was the genius behind Pavement.

here are some thoughts on some NEW ALBUMS:

-finally got around to listening to rostam's new one. i like it a lot, really digging "bike dream"... it's really clear now which parts of vampire weekend were his influence, i think.

-wolf parade is p good. not aoty or anything, but good, solid, etc.

-cults is fun, i like cults. pretty much they are who they are at this point, though. not many surprises there, but definitely their most polished record.

-king krule is dope, could see this entering aoty conversations in a couple of months.

-i liked st. vincent well enough, but seems like a step down from the s/t. a few really solid tracks though.

-front bottoms is wooooof. what the fuck happened there? i liked mayyyybe two tracks on there, and their previous albums have all been right up my alley. just bad.

-surprisingly disappointed by courtney barnett/kurt vile collab. just didn't land for me, seemed kind of repetitive. might need to revisit.

Buddy of mine put me on to Charley Crockett recently - love his latest: "Lil G.L.'s Honky Tonk Jubilee"

saw an interview with Dave Grohl where he called it the best music venue in the country

My wife bought tix to see lorde there in April and I was like nahhh and now I see Run the Jewels is opening

Wtf

I saw RTJ in DC and then again when I was in NYC a few weeks later because friends up there wanted to go. Once was enough (at least on the same tour).

man i saw Conor Oberst for the first time in years on Monday and he was just great. He opened and closed with new stuff but threw in an old school Bright Eyes stretch of Southern State - Make War - Something Vague. High School BDL has been rock-hard since.

LCD Soundsystem was fun

I was in a long beer line when I heard the opening notes to Someone Great and just sprinted back and danced

The Anthem in DC is a nice venue. There are probably some growing pains there but the sound is incredible.

“Danced”

Back