• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Who the hell is Austin Mahone and why does he have 7 million twitter followers?

TAB's all time thinking man's rap allstar albums:

Digable Planets - Reachin'
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini
The Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar
Jurassic 5 - Quality Control
Dilated Peoples - Expansion Team

The Roots, Cunninlynguists, Black on Both Sides are a few that pop into my head to add to the list.

Nice. I'm going to see Panic at jazzfest this year and just saw that their drummer quit or or is in rehab or something. One of the Trucks kids on drums now. I used to be a huuuge panny fan, but really checked out after Houser passed. That initial replacement, McConnell was awful. I've seen a show with Herring and he is much better, certainly servicable, but its still not nearly the same as 96-01.
Herring is a much better lead guitarist than Houser. His work is more suited for a band like aquarium rescue unit. But Herring can play anything Houser can but the same isn't true in reverse.

Last edited:
Herring is a much better lead guitarist than Houser. His work is more suited for a band like aquarium rescue unit. But Herring can play anything Houser can but the same isn't true in reverse.

Except that Herring can't play any Panic songs as well as Houser could.

Sufjan's new album is fantastic. I thought people were exaggerating when they said it was his best ever, but damn they were right.

Seeing these guys in 3 weeks and feeling pretty damn excited. The riff in the second video reminds me of a blur song that's on the tip of my tongue...

What are you all listening to today?

Listening to the new Death Cab album right now while I'm working on a paper. Heard Ben Gibbard's podcasts with Andy Greenwald and he seemed like a pretty good dude, and Andy loved the album, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've listened to about half of it and its okay, but like most other Death Cab I just can't really get into it.

Seeing these guys in 3 weeks and feeling pretty damn excited. The riff in the second video reminds me of a blur song that's on the tip of my tongue...

Jealous. I'm really trying to hear that Giant Peach outtro riff live. I first saw them on KEXP last week and I've been hooked on the few tracks on Spotify so far.

Nice. I'm going to see Panic at jazzfest this year and just saw that their drummer quit or or is in rehab or something. One of the Trucks kids on drums now. I used to be a huuuge panny fan, but really checked out after Houser passed. That initial replacement, McConnell was awful. I've seen a show with Herring and he is much better, certainly servicable, but its still not nearly the same as 96-01.

Jimmy is a million times better than George. He was one of my favorite guitarists before he joined, and they were already one of my favorite bands so he really elevated them.

No one really knows the situation with Todd the drummer. He was at Lockn last year, which was a few weeks before their fall tour. Rumors of alcoholism, drug addiction, or health (he's a big dude) kept him from joining their fall tour. Derek Trucks' bro (and Jimmy Herring's son in law) Duane Trucks has taken over. I personally like what he's done a lot, he's a much more creative/up-tempo drummer than Todd, but the catalog has been a bit more limited...but it opened up much more on the first leg of the spring tour. But the jams have been great.

No announcement if Todd is donezo or will be back later in the year/ever. They were just in the studio and Duane was there with them so who knows.

I'm seeing them at their 2 upcoming DC shows and I'm pretty pumped since I haven't seen them since 2011.

I love Jimmy Herring and have enjoyed him throughout his career. The guy is unreal. But he overplays the Panic gig IMO. I mean that's his style and I get it, and I enjoyed the shows with him, but he is just too much. Houser's style was just like butter.

Didn't realize Todd was out. Bummer. I haven't heard the replacement, but his solid 2 and 4 throughout was cool and was one of the WSP signatures. And I am a fan of busy drummers.

Back