• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

y'all were talking about west african music a dozen or so pages ago, maybe less

bought a william onyeabor album at a vinyl shop in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and it took me down a deep, tangled rabbit hole

beautiful music

managed to ride my way to front row at Parquet Courts last night, that was a blast

but for some reason there wasn't an encore, we were waiting and the house lights didn't come on, and a couple crewpeople came out and told us the band didn't feel like coming back out. so weird

Edit: looking at their setlists, looks like they don't usually do encores, actually. it was a pretty long set, at any rate

Last edited:
managed to ride my way to front row at Parquet Courts last night, that was a blast

but for some reason there wasn't an encore, we were waiting and the house lights didn't come on, and a couple crewpeople came out and told us the band didn't feel like coming back out. so weird

Edit: looking at their setlists, looks like they don't usually do encores, actually. it was a pretty long set, at any rate

I was there too! Very confused about it just ending like that. Thought it was still an awesome show. Crowd was great

Don't know how I missed this Torres album earlier this year, but I really like it

you're actually the one who introduced me to STG two or three years ago with their year-end list, it's what gave me my favorite kendrick track to date (the one he did for BJ the Chicago Kid)

so thank you for that, is i guess what i am saying

I dig HS, but I don't know his stuff real well. Think he went UPenn. I love that production style.

it's the moooost wonderful time of the year!

http://www.saidthegramophone.com/archives/best_songs_of_2015.php

some lists are garbage but i always ALWAYS look forward to STG every year

just consistently great stuff - huge influence on how i put lists together - no shame in loving pop or weird shit or whatever you want

I stopped after #2. That song is such a mess. It's like they had 1) A cool beat and 2) 3 minutes of Justin Beiber singing and decided to mash the two together with no thought.

Back