• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Wear helmet and goggles in the airport ? Yes or No ?

Correct answer is clip the helmet to your backpack so it swings and almost hits people in the head while you are walking down the aisle of the plane.

Just got an absolutely sick new pair of Pitt Vipes in after breaking the old pair last summer with the send.

Correct answer is clip the helmet to your backpack so it swings and almost hits people in the head while you are walking down the aisle of the plane.

I feel personally attacked. You've likely flown on a plane with me. I hate checking bags and a helmet + other ski stuff + other normal clothes just doesn't fit in a carry on.

Park City got 1" of snow yesterday and that feels like a win right now. SMH

I'm not going back out to Deer Valley with the whole fam until 2/26, but I'm starting to grow concerned. Literally nothing in the forecast for the next two weeks either, with almost everything missing North. I doubt we can all change flights and get out of this VRBO, but if I was booking now, I'd book Whistler or Lake Louise - though it's 3x more of a travel hassle.

I feel personally attacked.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I feel personally attacked. You've likely flown on a plane with me. I hate checking bags and a helmet + other ski stuff + other normal clothes just doesn't fit in a carry on.

I'm not going back out to Deer Valley with the whole fam until 2/26, but I'm starting to grow concerned. Literally nothing in the forecast for the next two weeks either, with almost everything missing North. I doubt we can all change flights and get out of this VRBO, but if I was booking now, I'd book Whistler or Lake Louise - though it's 3x more of a travel hassle.

I'll let you know how the snow is, will be there next week. The weather pattern could flip by the 26th but who knows

Oldest went to Jackson Hole this weekend. Told me the day pass was $201/day the highest he's ever seen.
That's totally nuts.

We finally made the decision to fly out to Sun Valley again this year. Going in March this year--most years we've gone around Christmas (just before, during, after). Missed last year but otherwise have been most every year for a while.

It's easier to get there now with United flying into the local airport direct from ORD. Pretty easy to get from GSO or CLT with one stop. Air fare can be cheaper if one flies into Twin Falls but that involves a decent drive after arrival/before departure.

Air fare this year was interesting. Prices this week were 33 percent down from 1-2 weeks ago. Weird or normal? Still expensive, IMO, but that seems a pretty big swing in a short time. Glad I waited but wonder if I should've waited another week...?

So Park City last week...Snow def wasn't great, but a bit better than I expected. For a month of almost all sun, shockingly little melting. Some pretty good runs, particularly if you stay in the sun, but some icy runs for sure.

Also, the mountain itself is insanely big. You could ski there for a week and not hit all the runs. Great mountain and town

They’re actually getting snow today and expect to get some next week.

How were the lines when you were there? I don’t want to get into a massive Epic Pass debate, but it seems like the line crowds seem to be getting out of hand at PC and other CO locations.

My sister and brother in law bought some pass this year that they have used at Snowshoe, Big Sky, and are headed to Colorado to ski Winter Park and Steamboat with it. I can't remember what it's called but it sounds pretty good.

My sister and brother in law bought some pass this year that they have used at Snowshoe, Big Sky, and are headed to Colorado to ski Winter Park and Steamboat with it. I can't remember what it's called but it sounds pretty good.

Ikon pass. Bought it as well this year with a trip to Alta (done), Steamboat (next week), and squeezed in two days at Snow Summit, CA over Xmas.

Also, the mountain itself is insanely big. You could ski there for a week and not hit all the runs. Great mountain and town

It is insane, and even crazier since PCMR and Canyons merged.

I've been 5x and there are still areas of the mountain(s) I don't know. And when my daughter was in ski school, it took me 90 minutes to get back to base....which made me 60 minutes late. They weren't happy.

Winterpark is pushing 4" of fresh snow right now and it's going to keep coming down for a while.

Winterpark is pushing 4" of fresh snow right now and it's going to keep coming down for a while.

My kid got back from there yesterday and said they had good snow and a great time. Glad to hear they are getting some more. I skipped my Utah trip this year.

Big Sky has finally gotten almost a foot in the last 3 days after having only gotten about 3" in the last 4 weeks.

Meanwhile, Deer Valley only with 2 inches in seemingly forever, and other than a small storm early next week, the long term (while we're there) looks very bleak. I guess there are much worse resorts to be at with bad snow.

Meanwhile, Deer Valley only with 2 inches in seemingly forever, and other than a small storm early next week, the long term (while we're there) looks very bleak. I guess there are much worse resorts to be at with bad snow.

::cries in east coast::

Back