• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

We could very well lose this game and Stillwater will 9. I personally think we have four tires of opponents.

Tier 1 Rice and Elon
Tier 2 UNC, Louisville, Duke
Tier 3 BC, NC State, F$U, VT, Utah St
Tier 4 Clemson and VT

And I think Utah St. Is our 3rd hardest game

"And Stillwater will 9." What in the world does that mean? Is it some sort of code?

He’s not a bullshitter. If he feels good, we should feel good.

tigers, I think that’s the wrong link.

That's one thing I like about Clawson you don't hear him say we got a good team often especially to the likes that he thinks this is his best team here. He seems rather confident.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/LongFormArticle/Adversarial-Outlook-Learn-more-about-the-Utah-State-Aggies--134868575/

Interview with the USU 247 guy. Seems a little over-the-top enthusiastic about every single player on the roster to me (and very biased) but good information in here nonetheless.

"With the very public admission of players preferring Coach Andersen and the new coaching staff when compared to the old staff that left for Texas Tech expectations are at possibly an all-time high leading into the 2019 season."

HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH. Players are throwing dirt on the staff that took them to 11-2 and national rankings last year? One thing to talk up a new staff, another to do so while dismissing the old one. That's my humor for the night. Cheers.

"With the very public admission of players preferring Coach Andersen and the new coaching staff when compared to the old staff that left for Texas Tech expectations are at possibly an all-time high leading into the 2019 season."

HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH. Players are throwing dirt on the staff that took them to 11-2 and national rankings last year? One thing to talk up a new staff, another to do so while dismissing the old one. That's my humor for the night. Cheers.

Maybe they were very unhappy with 11-2. Doubtful.
More likely they’re pissed that their good coach left for greener pastures.

It isn’t just last years team that talks bad on the old staff. Many players from past seasons have spoken out. I don’t know many Aggie fans that were sad about Matt Wells leaving. He wasn’t a very good coach, and only had a great season when he had Coach Yost on offense. He was known to pick favorites and stick with them even when there were better players below them on the depth chart.

It isn’t just last years team that talks bad on the old staff. Many players from past seasons have spoken out. I don’t know many Aggie fans that were sad about Matt Wells leaving. He wasn’t a very good coach, and only had a great season when he had Coach Yost on offense. He was known to pick favorites and stick with them even when there were better players below them on the depth chart.

OK, I stand corrected. I mean, I obviously don't have a handle on that sort of thing.

But from an outsider's perspective, hurling shit on the dude who left and praising the dude who, two seasons ago, quit on a team midseason and agreed to have text messages published that killed the staff that he hired . . . hoo boy, that's a brain-twister. Understand he didn't do that to Utah State players -- but they've got to at least be aware that's in his recent history.

62 new players at USU. So not many played for the previous coach.

Anyone dare to predict the atmosphere in the crowd attending this first game?
I’m curious if we’ll see a lot of players on defense trying to drum up noise while spectators stare glumly at a few fanatics doing the same in the stands.
No offense intended for the Aggies but theses affairs with Rocky Mountain teams can be a bit flat for the East Coast crowd due to lack of familiarity. Hopefully, WF fans practice the clap. ;)

Both the Bear and Stanford Steve have plays on WF (-3.5 or -4) this week. They talked up Clawson on their podcast.

One thing that really interests me about this game: we are significantly bigger/more physically imposing (our receivers vs their DBs/our DBs vs their receivers - even our QB vs their DEs and LBs/safeties), yet it seems none of us are comfortable with the idea that we “should” win this game. I believe there is a significant probability that we will surprise ourselves by being the team that imposes its will on both sides of the ball in the second half. This is not a circumstance we are used to having in what is expected by the general and betting public to be a close game.

Back