• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Yep.
Kamara is big and strong but maybe not that quick.
I think Bothroyd, Bergan and the DEs are much quicker. Better for chasing QBs.
I think one of the coaches mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Yea I thought Kamara looked so slow last year

does Kamara have conditioning issues?

I wouldn't think it's conditioning as much as it is he's just a different type player than Bothroyd or Allen. Kamara is your traditional low to the ground, hard to move defensive tackle. While Bothroyd and Allen are going to be more agile, harder for the opposing O-line to stay in front in pass protection. I think the defensive staff is really stressing getting pressure on the opposing QB's this year, so that's probably why Bothroyd is listed as the starter. I imagine we'll see plenty of Kamara on the field though, especially against more power run oriented teams.

Why aren’t we letting the USU fans on here? We will be rooting for each other the rest of the season anyway.

I remember at least one game (BC in early 2000's) when we wore white pants with our black jerseys. We also typically wore white pants at home in the Dooley era.

Gold pants, white tops, and glossy black helmet beats them all. We never wear this anymore. And we took the white trim off of the numbers for some reason. Go back to the 2006 uniforms please. At least the sleeves were changed back this year.

Does anyone know if the game will be streaming? if so, on what app? ESPN+ or watchESPN? ACC app doesn't appear to do streaming.

It'll be avail on WatchESPN/the ESPN app for those who are cable/sat ACCN subscribers

I wouldn't think it's conditioning as much as it is he's just a different type player than Bothroyd or Allen. Kamara is your traditional low to the ground, hard to move defensive tackle. While Bothroyd and Allen are going to be more agile, harder for the opposing O-line to stay in front in pass protection. I think the defensive staff is really stressing getting pressure on the opposing QB's this year, so that's probably why Bothroyd is listed as the starter. I imagine we'll see plenty of Kamara on the field though, especially against more power run oriented teams.

I love this approach.

I also noticed BC and AJ Dillon using a long early rushing TD, and subsequent pounding us up the middle runs (185 yards for Dillon), to setup the play action pass with a mediocre QB, who then looked like an all american (300 yards passing). So, we need to stuff the run in the middle...always.

Good news is we finally have healthy linebackers to support the run, which is awesome.

Go Deacs!

Back