• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Someone will need to PM chief moderator BiffTannen and vouch for the guy. They no longer do blanket approvals because of the moonz-era proliferation of parody accounts.

No need to PM. I just approved them all but they're all on a very short leash.

2 Utah State tix available with a Blue lot parking pass. Plus 2 more individual Blue lot parking passes by themselves available. PM me and can pick up at my office on Reynolda Rd.

The 2 Utah St tickets & Blue Lot parking pass have now been claimed but still have a couple Blue Lot parking passes available.

Busy day, I won't be on here much ... But Roberson has a shoulder injury, that's why he isn't on depth chart. He and Tyler Williams are in the same boat: out this week, hopeful (questionable) for Rice, probable for UNC.

Bothroyd has looked like a starting DT since Williams got hurt. I'd imagine Kamara is the third DT in the rotation, but Winter has had a decent camp and his hard work is probably being rewarded with that spot. Kenneth Dicks III at rover was a bit shocking, because he worked at CB all camp. Clawson is really high on the young D-linemen that are going to play a lot (Bergan, Bothroyd, Johns, Francis), with the caveat that it's to be expected they make some Game 1 mistakes.

The one spot that isn't listed is who's handling kickoff duties. That'll be Sciba, with Zach Murphy backing him up.

The staff seems to be recruiting CBs and/or WRs. Corners could be a problem with 2 Sr and 2 Jr in the 2 deep. Getting another WR could be a talent grab, but we have plenty of depth there. Our DTs are thin, but young. No Jr/Sr. Love the young depth on the OL. Clawson knows more than us. Some guys must have a foot on a banana peel, which is why our recruiting class isn't finished yet.

Losing Miles Fox for the year and Tyler Williams not being able to go to start the season really hurt the DT depth. Very hard for schools like Wake to recruit a lot of true DT's coming out of high school. Seems like we usually have to depend on converting a couple bigger DE's every year.

Utah St. football message board: https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Not going to lie, I cringed at several of your posts, james.

At least I wasn't trolling. Not my best work. I just wanted to talk football. I have a lot of trouble typing on this phone and am always on the move and too lazy to proof. I got a bit irritated at all 20pt victories predicted.

I think we like Morin as an emergency PR/kr which is why

At least I wasn't trolling. Not my best work. I just wanted to talk football. I have a lot of trouble typing on this phone and am always on the move and too lazy to proof. I got a bit irritated at all 20pt victories predicted.

They are a very confident bunch, but from what I can tell, so are we.

Busy day, I won't be on here much ... But Roberson has a shoulder injury, that's why he isn't on depth chart. He and Tyler Williams are in the same boat: out this week, hopeful (questionable) for Rice, probable for UNC.

Bothroyd has looked like a starting DT since Williams got hurt. I'd imagine Kamara is the third DT in the rotation, but Winter has had a decent camp and his hard work is probably being rewarded with that spot. Kenneth Dicks III at rover was a bit shocking, because he worked at CB all camp. Clawson is really high on the young D-linemen that are going to play a lot (Bergan, Bothroyd, Johns, Francis), with the caveat that it's to be expected they make some Game 1 mistakes.

The one spot that isn't listed is who's handling kickoff duties. That'll be Sciba, with Zach Murphy backing him up.

That's the biggest surprise by far isn't it? I was impressed with him last season.

They are a very confident bunch, but from what I can tell, so are we.

I got no problem with their confidence, they had a very good year last year and have the most important piece of that back at QB. We also have plenty of reason to be confident as well. I expect a good game Friday night. I think we've got one of tougher openers that not many people outside of Wake and USU are talking about.

I got no problem with their confidence, they had a very good year last year and have the most important piece of that back at QB. We also have plenty of reason to be confident as well. I expect a good game Friday night. I think we've got one of tougher openers that not many people outside of Wake and USU are talking about.

Yep, completely agree with all this. This is going to be a good barometer for the season for both teams.

Implications for Wake are much greater than USU in my opinion. We win, we have the chance to start the season 6-0/7-0. USU wins and all it really means for their season is that they finally won a road P5 game.

Here is a review written by one of the fans on the USU board who has not been able to get on here (McAvoy?). I thought it was pretty good:

This is very encouraging to read, as a Wake fan. Makes me feel more confident about pretty much every aspect of the game. It's also dangerous in that it makes me want to load up on Wake -3.5.

That's the biggest surprise by far isn't it? I was impressed with him last season.

Probably. But they've made it clear pass-rushing is a priority, and you look at Kamara is a fourth-year player who's had 40 tackles and 1/2 sack in 25 games, while Bothroyd played four games last year and had a sack of Eric Dungey.

Yep, completely agree with all this. This is going to be a good barometer for the season for both teams.

Implications for Wake are much greater than USU in my opinion. We win, we have the chance to start the season 6-0/7-0. USU wins and all it really means for their season is that they finally won a road P5 game.

Absolutely agree. This game is huge for what it can mean for the start of our season. And a chance for these kids to finally get ranked I believe will fire them up even more.

But the game makes me nervous I'm nowhere near the 20+ pt win confident most of them are. I can see Sciba hitting a fg to win it as time expires. And being a Wake fan you learn to never be to confident and you can't ever relax even with a 20pt lead unless there is 2 minutes in the game then maybe.

Absolutely agree. This game is huge for what it can mean for the start of our season. And a chance for these kids to finally get ranked I believe will fire them up even more.

But the game makes me nervous I'm nowhere near the 20+ pt win confident most of them are. I can see Sciba hitting a fg to win it as time expires. And being a Wake fan you learn to never be to confident and you can't ever relax even with a 20pt lead unless there is 2 minutes in the game then maybe.

you know what "most" means, right?

on the first page of the prediction thread I counted 2 predicting USU by 20+, 3 predicting WF to win (not including your 42-3 WF prediction), and 28 predicting USU by less than 20

Probably. But they've made it clear pass-rushing is a priority, and you look at Kamara is a fourth-year player who's had 40 tackles and 1/2 sack in 25 games, while Bothroyd played four games last year and had a sack of Eric Dungey.

We'll probably see a lot of situational subs between Bothroyd and Kamara I would think. Kamara is probably more of a run stopper and Bothroyd more of a rushing DT.

We'll probably see a lot of situational subs between Bothroyd and Kamara I would think. Kamara is probably more of a run stopper and Bothroyd more of a rushing DT.

Yep.
Kamara is big and strong but maybe not that quick.
I think Bothroyd, Bergan and the DEs are much quicker. Better for chasing QBs.
I think one of the coaches mentioned this a few weeks ago.

you know what "most" means, right?

on the first page of the prediction thread I counted 2 predicting USU by 20+, 3 predicting WF to win (not including your 42-3 WF prediction), and 28 predicting USU by less than 20

I exaggerated a but still 14+ would be the majority. It's obvious that most have no respect for our team. I thought I was on packpride for a second. My 42-3 was my one troll job for the guy predicting like 49-16.

Back