• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Gotta figure Hinton is our unofficial 3rd option at QB....HOPEFULLY not needed

Prior to today I've never heard of MJ Alston, Jr:noidea:

Prior to today I've never heard of MJ Alston, Jr:noidea:

If you watched QB1 series you would have heard of MJ. He was in the film quite a bit as he is good buds with Justin Fields. Roberson is hurt per Les with more details expected from presser.

Marquis Alston. OK. I was confused too.

Unpopular opinion here. If someone goes by _J because of Jr, it’s redundant to add the Jr at the end.

When does WF break out a jet sweep (or backward pass or reverse) to Hinton with a pass option? Guessing we see it at least 4 times this season with the first time against UNC.

He has thrown for 1500 yards and 8 TDs; so, when defenses start creeping up on short plays to him, WF will exploit that.

2 Utah State tix available with a Blue lot parking pass. Plus 2 more individual Blue lot parking passes by themselves available. PM me and can pick up at my office on Reynolda Rd.

When does WF break out a jet sweep (or backward pass or reverse) to Hinton with a pass option? Guessing we see it at least 4 times this season with the first time against UNC.

He has thrown for 1500 yards and 8 TDs; so, when defenses start creeping up on short plays to him, WF will exploit that.
Good Lord, I hope you're right.

It is a nice thing to have in the back pocket.

EC-9Er9WwAQb41n.jpg:large

hot off the press from Les

Initial recations:

We are huge at X and Z receiver (as we already knew). Understandably people are excited about Sage Surratt, but Scotty Washington was awesome when healthy.

DT is definitely a concern for me, but I'm not incredibly concerned. I like Rondell Bothroyd but Kamara hasn't impressed me nearly as much as I'd hoped he would when he committed. I don't know much about Bergan. I think Mike Allen can thrive at DT with his wingspan.

Our safety's, imo, could be better than last year. Nasir Greer was impressive before injury.

Everything is pretty much as expected outside Roberson with his injury and Kenneth Dicks being so low on the depth chart. Let's fuckin go. Friday.

Last edited:

I really want to see that released in our offense. Hinton is a real weapon!

It's still pretty sad to see one of our only 4 star recruits ever in Mike Allen at 3rd string, even if it is a new position. Hopefully he breaks out early.

The staff seems to be recruiting CBs and/or WRs. Corners could be a problem with 2 Sr and 2 Jr in the 2 deep. Getting another WR could be a talent grab, but we have plenty of depth there. Our DTs are thin, but young. No Jr/Sr. Love the young depth on the OL. Clawson knows more than us. Some guys must have a foot on a banana peel, which is why our recruiting class isn't finished yet.

Here is a review written by one of the fans on the USU board who has not been able to get on here (McAvoy?). I thought it was pretty good:

Since it seems I'm not going to be approved to post on your board, will you please post this from a USU fan as a USU preview for Wake Forest fans?

"Jordan Love really is a good QB, but does that matter if he has no time and nobody to throw to? As has been stated numerous times, USU only has one other returning starter on offense besides Jordan Love. Love is also coming off knee surgery this offseason. USU's offensive line is starting two freshmen. In the two-deep depth chart are two more freshmen and another player who's been a DT his whole career and has never played OL in college.

USU's RB from last season (Thompson) is now getting 1st team reps with the Chiefs, their best receiver (Tarver) has graduated, and the other starting WR (Greene) is now catching TD's from John Wolford for the Rams in the preseason. USU's TE (Raymond) is also now on the Bears. Did Love only look so great last year because of all that talent around him?

The players around Love now are: The #1 WR is a transfer from Utah (Mariner), who struggled with drops last year and transferred to USU because he wasn't going to play at Utah. A WR who struggled with some drops for USU last year (Scarver) and a TE (Repp) who was playing defensive end last year for Utah. The top backup WR (Wright) now is a walk-on this year. Jordan Love does have a plethora of 5'8" guys to throw to in the slot.

On defense USU does have some talent and returns some starters on the defensive line. That'll be the position of strength. USU did lose 3 of the 4 tacklers from last year though and they gave up 200 yards rushing in both of their final regular season games against Colorado State and Boise State.

USU has also switched to a new defense. They have switched from a 3-4-4 to a 4-2-5. USU's depth at corner is really in question, especially since a two year starter, Jemarcus Ingram, just transferred to Texas Tech right before the season. Only 2 of the starting 5 defensive backs are returning starters.

USU's star linebacker, David Woodward, has also not been practicing this fall to an injury precaution. He should be good to go for to the Wake Forest game, but he hasn't been practicing and could also easily be knocked out of this game like he was in practice about a month ago.

All this on top of the fact that USU has all new coaches since last season. The new head coach, Gary Andersen, was 7-23 at Oregon State before resigning mid-season in 2017. His head coaching record at USU his first go around from 2008-2012 was 26-24.

Given all that, I'll be happy if USU can at least be within two touchdowns late in the game. Go Aggies!"

Why aren't we approving them to be on the board? I don;t know the normal "protocol" for that

Back