• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va. Tech - Wake predictions

I feel a let down game to instill motivation for the team the rest of the way. We lose this one 31-28.Come back the next 3 weeks and win 2 of 3 out Duke, UNC, and ND. Then go 2-1 in the last 25% of the season to finish 8-4 and head to Charlotte or Tenn for a bowl.

We owe Turkeys after beatdown they gave us last year.

Wake 31

Turkeys 20

Afraid VPI is just too physical for us. We play close for a while but Tech pulls away. 38-20 Tech.

Love to be wrong!

I think now we can dream a little bit. - Jim Grobe, 2006.

Deacons 38
(C)Hokies 31

We wait until next week for our letdown. Wake leads by a little bit the whole way but hangs on by its teeth. Wake by somewhere between 2-5.

Wake by 10. Wake has dominated every game and tried to give it away in the end, and did against Syracuse. This is the game in which Wake plays hits on all cylinders in all 4 quarters and Tech is never in it.

Try has hard as I can, somehow it is really difficult for me to see us beating VT.

44-17.

I hope to be very wrong.

I say the good guys. They are missing some guys on defense and their Offense hasn't been stellar. I think Tech is due to get beat by Wake and this is the week in a very pyhsical game.

Wake 28
VT 24

picking against us last week worked, so...

Say the Deacs cover but fall

VT 27
WF 23

I've seen both these teams play in person many times this season and VT either has their offense going or their defense going, but rarely both for whatever reason. I imagine Bud Foster got in his kids' faces after last weeks poor performance so look for them bounce back a little, but still be very susceptible to the pass (except Hosley).

Deacs need to continue riding this wave of smart football they are on. Minimizing turnovers and stopping Wilson will be key. Rattle Thomas early and should be good to go. As soon as Clemson picked off Thomas on his first pass, he couldn't throw the ball with confidence the rest of the game.

Overall, deacs in a close one with some big plays and speacial team mistakes on both sides: Deacs 21-17

I think we'll play well and if we are able to force some turnovers I think we have a good chance. However, I don't think we'll be able to make VT turn the ball over like we did against FSU and I think we'll lose in the 31-17 with VT pulling away late. It won't be the end of the world though, I just think VT is better then us.

I predicted us losing both the fsu game and the vtech game. Here's hoping that I was wrong about both.

Our offense is fine. Our defensive play at the line and backers is more than adequate. If our special teams and dbs play well, the offense will be able to carry this game and we will win by at least eight. If our special teams continue to play poorly, and the dbs resume the periodic loss of focus seen before the fsu game, we lose by at least two touchdowns.

I'm counting on the focus thing being resolved and we see continued good play from the d-backs. I am not counting on the special teams being resolved at all. I predict this will be the second game we lose due to special teams. We cannot give away again multiple scores due to poor special team play and still win against Vtech.

I hope that special teams prove me wrong. Let's go, Deacs!

Back