• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vad Lee, Former Wake QB Recruit, to transfer from GT

Don't normally see a starting QB transfer.

Last edited:
I thought he was supposed to be a good fit for GT, what happened?

Any word on what schools he is considering? Here is his old offer list... and he "attended camp" at Duke, Maryland, UNC, NC State, USF, and Wake. Gotta imagine we're on the list but not near the top...

Georgia Tech Verbal Yes None
Auburn No Interest Yes None
Duke No Interest Yes None
East Carolina No Interest Yes None
Maryland No Interest Yes None
North Carolina No Interest Yes None
North Carolina State No Interest Yes None
South Carolina No Interest Yes None
South Florida No Interest Yes None
Wake Forest No Interest Yes None

Am I the only one who feels that our current staff is AT LEAST exploring this from all angles and will at least do its best to determine if we should make an attempt to lure this kid; but had this been a year ago, our staff would have been on the golf course waiting for the signing day buffet?

GT folks claim his mother has always wanted him to go to ECU and is pushing him there now.

GT folks claim his mother has always wanted him to go to ECU and is pushing him there now.

Anytime you can forgo receiving a quality education playing FB at an ACC school to attend EZU you have to do it.

Huge difference in NCAA and ACC rules for between students transferring during their undergraduate years and those who finish (get degree from) school and then use remaining eligibility (usually one year) at another school that has a graduate program not offered at the original degree-granting school. Rules for transfers between ACC schools make it nearly impossible for anyone to do so as an undergraduate and play a sport.

Can someone post the ACC rules? Interested to read them.

Thanks in advance

I've heard Cutcliffe praising him even before the transfer news- don't be surprised if he ends up at dook.

I've heard Cutcliffe praising him even before the transfer news- don't be surprised if he ends up at dook.

Did you not read Deaconblue's post above? Unless he is a post-grad (too young I believe), it is highly unlikely for him to land at an ACC school.

Duke runs a pro-set offense. His skill set doesn't fit Duke anyway.

Back