• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

the culture of this game is amazing

Death Star’ destroyed during the largest battle in Eve Online history

More than 5,700 players gathered over the weekend to destroy a massive player-made structure in Eve Online, making it the single largest engagement in the game’s history. It’s evidence that the MMO, now in its 14th year, is undergoing a kind of renaissance brought on by the recent “world war” and a move to allow free-to-play accounts.

Over the weekend one of Eve’s most successful mercenary factions, called Pandemic Legion, concluded a months-long assault on a region of space controlled by another in-game faction, known as Circle of Two (CO2). Their main objective was the destruction of a Keepstar citadel, a tremendously expensive player-built defensive position that was introduced in Eve’s April update.

Keepstars are huge structures, over 160 kilometers tall and costing billions in in-game currency. They also pack a potent super weapon that’s particularly dangerous to larger capital ships. This was the first fully operational Keepstar to be taken down in Eve, and more than 5,700 players were on hand to get their piece of the action. Developer CCP Games confirms that makes it the largest battle in Eve history.

this thread is now about my name

also, man I was feeling myself in rocket league last night, that was some good shit. of course now next game I'll probably whiff on every touch, but we'll always have last night

ALSO, the doto 7.00 update came out last night, and I don't really know how I feel about it. it doesn't feel like the same game, and not just at a balance level, but at a fundamental "this is a different game than the one I've played for the past decade-plus" level. the map has undergone some minor changes in the past, but nothing like this. I don't mind the new "talent" trees, and the balance changes all seem fine, but fuck, they messed with xp scaling, and jungle pathing, and the HUD redesign, and ughhh. if they had maybe introduced some of this stuff in waves, that'd be one thing, but all at once, it's a little jarring.

Can verify. RSF had the hot hand last night, taking (and making) shots he wouldn't usually take. Pretty sure we rattled off like 5-6 wins and I was getting 3+ assists in every match. Had one match with 6 assists, lulz.

Getting a Bagon and Growlithe in Sun/Moon 3 hours into the game is clutch

Just made it to the second island. My squad is:

Bagon- lvl 17
Growlithe- lvl 21
Rockenrolla- lvl 16
Kadabra- lvl 21
Water starter- bout to drop (lvl 22)

Tried to play a few years ago. Stopped when my skills started taking 4 real life weeks to finish training. I'm not sure if they've made it easier to start but veterans always used to say that you needed a solid year to get up to speed with everyone else.

Getting a Bagon and Growlithe in Sun/Moon 3 hours into the game is clutch

Just made it to the second island. My squad is:

Bagon- lvl 17
Growlithe- lvl 21
Rockenrolla- lvl 16
Kadabra- lvl 21
Water starter- bout to drop (lvl 22)

you should go back and get a pichu or a munchlax from route 1

growlithe falls off pretty hard (and arcanine is meh), but if you need the type coverage from fire I guess he's the best bet until you get to salazzle or magmar? I went fire starter (and incineroar is still probably in my top 3 even in the post game), so growlithe was always redundant for me anyway

I agree though, it's sorta weird they put bagon in so early. having a dragon available at lvl 7-10 is stronk.

It's very well done for what it is. It's a legit Mario game with one button. I hate the $9.99 price point for the whole game and that you have to be online to play it.

picked up Titanfall 2 on sale at target. Pretty damned fun. I haven't played an FPS-multiplayer online for about 4 years and I am now official an old person. I did make some kills, though

picked up Titanfall 2 on sale at target. Pretty damned fun. I haven't played an FPS-multiplayer online for about 4 years and I am now official an old person. I did make some kills, though

you went to a store to buy a video game? what year is it, 2012?

you went to a store to buy a video game? what year is it, 2012?

a lucky guess on your part but I was at target buying a kids book for wife's work xmas party and saw it on sale

my guess is i'll end up throwing the xbone away with the disk still in it

XCom:Enemy Within is $2.99 at both the GooglePlay and Apple store. It's heavy and I'm not sure if I'll keep it on the phone long-term, but for now, when family gets too annoying, I can excuse myself for a hearty dump and play one of my favorite games.

In my 10 minutes of play so far, it's a pretty good translation with some new gameplay even.

Nintendo registered a new trademark for Eternal Darkness. Huzzah!

I picked up ASTRONEER this weekend. It's still in pre-alpha, and the controls are really, really finicky, but it's damn good. Pretty much exactly what No Man's Sky could/should have been.

Back