• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

30 years ago, I would be so disappointed in where I am on mega man knowledge now at 36 years old.

That's MM3, right? I know I could Google it, but looks like III.

qrcvDAT.gif

Anyone play Return of the Obra Dinn?

picked it up off steam for $20; pretty interesting puzzle game

Anyone play Return of the Obra Dinn?

picked it up off steam for $20; pretty interesting puzzle game

Heard it is very good, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just now playing Doom (2016), so maybe in a couple years...

In other news, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is out as of yesterday. The first one was great, but this one has added a bunch more systems... not sure if that is really what I was looking for.

Also, E3 was cancelled.

"Due to Coronavirus outbreak, we have halted development of TES: 6 until 2037" -Bethesda

"in the meantime, we're happy to announce TES: Skyrim remastered v2, available in 2022"

I’ve had the itch for the last week or so to get a PS4 really to just play sports games. How long will Sony support it & continue to make games for it after PS5 comes out? Would rather not wait till December and the reported price is way too high for me. Thoughts?

I’ve had the itch for the last week or so to get a PS4 really to just play sports games. How long will Sony support it & continue to make games for it after PS5 comes out? Would rather not wait till December and the reported price is way too high for me. Thoughts?

Not sure on the PS4 support, but Microsoft has said that they will be supporting Xbox One games for the foreseeable future, and also allowing free upgrades to the Series X version (of first party games). Sports games usually have a long tail on any old console, so if you are just looking for EA games like Madden and FIFA, you usually get at least an extra two seasons after the new consoles come out regardless of which console you pick.

Anybody here play borderlands 3? Picked it up on steam and would be down to co-op slaughter some bandits.

I also just picked it up on Steam... Haven't touched it yet, been digging Warzone too much to play anything else

re: Ori and Will of the Wisps

I downloaded it w/ PC Game Pass. I didn't play the first one, but was Hollow Knight a rip off of the first Ori or is the second Ori a rip off of Hollow Knight? Basically the same game. The movement on Ori feels so fucking fluid and responsive, it's still super fun.

Also think I'll start a new Stardew Valley save just for quarantine anxiety. That sounds pretty soothing.

Hello Video Game Thread, I'm looking for recommendations. So I gave in to cabin fever and ordered a PS4 along with the Bioshock collection on the PS store. I haven't owned a console since the PS one and have essentially not touched games in 20 years, save for replays of Half-Life, System Shock 2, and Final Fantasy VI (iOS port) in the last 5 years. As someone just getting back into gaming, what have I missed in the last 10 or so years that I should check out? My favorite games back in the day, in addition to HL and SS2, were Final Fantasy Tactics, Descent (Freespace and 3, specifically), Resident Evil 2, StarCraft... and I'm drawing a blank on the rest, but hopefully that gives you an idea. I'm already interested in checking out Skyrim and the FF7 remake.

Good story lines appeal to me. Dark atmospheres appeal to me. "Video games as art" appeals to me. I like first person shooters with strategy elements and RPGs generally, but I'm not really interested in MMORPGs like WoW and similar.

Thanks in advance <3

Unless you really want PS games, I would have recommended getting a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild and waiting 6 months or so for the PS5 if you’re still interested.

Yeah, I'd say I'm definitely more interested in the PS library and don't want to wait that long. BotW does seem pretty great though.

Hello Video Game Thread, I'm looking for recommendations. So I gave in to cabin fever and ordered a PS4 along with the Bioshock collection on the PS store. I haven't owned a console since the PS one and have essentially not touched games in 20 years, save for replays of Half-Life, System Shock 2, and Final Fantasy VI (iOS port) in the last 5 years. As someone just getting back into gaming, what have I missed in the last 10 or so years that I should check out? My favorite games back in the day, in addition to HL and SS2, were Final Fantasy Tactics, Descent (Freespace and 3, specifically), Resident Evil 2, StarCraft... and I'm drawing a blank on the rest, but hopefully that gives you an idea. I'm already interested in checking out Skyrim and the FF7 remake.

Good story lines appeal to me. Dark atmospheres appeal to me. "Video games as art" appeals to me. I like first person shooters with strategy elements and RPGs generally, but I'm not really interested in MMORPGs like WoW and similar.

Thanks in advance <3

Motherfucker, get you some FF VII remake.

Ignore what everyone else said and play RDR, then go immediately into RDR2. Stay away from spoilers. Splurge on a big screen 4K HDTV with HDR if you haven't already. We got our 65 inch for about $1000, anything else won't do it justice.

Ignore what everyone else said and play RDR, then go immediately into RDR2. Stay away from spoilers. Splurge on a big screen 4K HDTV with HDR if you haven't already. We got our 65 inch for about $1000, anything else won't do it justice.

Clunkiest controls of any game series ever made

Back