• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Good options mentioned so far. If you are looking for something tactics based, I think they have worked out most or all of the bugs in XCOM 2 (and War of the Chosen), and that is a great game, thought maybe not as good as XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within. It is also well adapted to console. Invisible Inc. is also a very interesting tactics game, though the console version suffers a bit from small text and it is better suited for PC.

For action games, I'd second Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us. Resident Evil 2 Remake is really good. For something a bit different, I really enjoy the Yakuza Games. Yakuza Zero is only $20, and it is a fun beat em up combined with a mix of both well done serious storytelling as well as some batshit insane side missions.

Yay, an XCOM mention! Though I disagree vehemently about the rankings, Every iteration has been an improvement over its predecessor. So, WOTC > XCOM2 > EW >EU. I don't think mods work, or at least work well on consoles though and that's what gives the series so much replayability.

A new spinoff, XCOM: Chimera Squad is coming out next week. I'm excited for it, especially at $10 to pre-order now, but no perma death? That's not XCOM baby.

If you are going the ps plus route they give 2 new games for free each month. I believe the uncharted collection is one of them this or next month.

Love the dark souls- bloodborne games but they aren't for everyone.

Beat the first PS4 Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the last couple of months -- both a lot of fun. I actually liked the earlier game better.

Also beat Uncharted: Lost Legacy, which was short and pretty enjoyable. Playing Control now, which is strange but has an interesting story and combat. Thinking of going back to Horizon after that. Only put a few hours into it previously. I got pretty far into the Last of Us, but gave up -- got annoyed with a few parts of it.

If you are going the ps plus route they give 2 new games for free each month. I believe the uncharted collection is one of them this or next month.

Love the dark souls- bloodborne games but they aren't for everyone.

And the Nioh games are a lot of fun.

But like you said, Darksouls isn’t for everyone.

And the Nioh games are a lot of fun.

But like you said, Darksouls isn’t for everyone.

I was playing through sekiro a few months back and got to a major boss that I just can't beat. It is so frustrating. Even looked at some of the cheese videos and can't do it.

Not letting me edit to add that up until this boss it has been a good game as well.

i got pretty far in DS3 but one of the bosses did the "oh, now it's the 2nd phase and they get all their health back plus the mechanic is totally different" thing happened and i said that was fun but now i'm done.

I love the jolly cooperation mechanics in the souls games. Helping and being helped. Not a completionist so did not mind getting help to get past a boss. Last time I played the numbers playing online seemed way down.

I was playing through sekiro a few months back and got to a major boss that I just can't beat. It is so frustrating. Even looked at some of the cheese videos and can't do it.

My friend says the difference in Sekiro and Nioh is in Nioh, you can level up your character and gear, come back and beat down enemies. In Sekiro, the only option is git gud.

i got pretty far in DS3 but one of the bosses did the "oh, now it's the 2nd phase and they get all their health back plus the mechanic is totally different" thing happened and i said that was fun but now i'm done.

The entire video is great, but check out the boss fight starting around 4:24.

lol perfect

most of the time the bosses are like you die 500 times and then figure out the Thing and then you beat it in 2 tries after that.

that's kind of why i liked Darksiders III. same kind of thing but not nearly as punishing. not as rewarding, either, though.

still a fun run through.

Anybody here watch the Extra Credits YouTube channel? My oldest watches it. They do a good job breaking down video game theory with respect to in game currency, balance, difficulty, leveling up, and things like that. Dark Souls II is one of the games they mentioned did a good job with difficulty.

The sekiro boss fight was take his health bar to zero twice. He hulk's up and adds lightning to the mix for a third round. Have not even seen that ape battle. Good video.

Not seen that YouTube channel. Might take a look since we're living in this here coronAmerica.

Witcher 3 should be near the top of any new or returning gamer’s list. It’s like Skyrim 3.0.

Back