• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Yeah, I meant it takes everything Skyrim does well and improves on it dramatically. And I really liked Skyrim.

Yay, an XCOM mention! Though I disagree vehemently about the rankings, Every iteration has been an improvement over its predecessor. So, WOTC > XCOM2 > EW >EU. I don't think mods work, or at least work well on consoles though and that's what gives the series so much replayability.

A new spinoff, XCOM: Chimera Squad is coming out next week. I'm excited for it, especially at $10 to pre-order now, but no perma death? That's not XCOM baby.

I think there was a certain elegance to the relative simplicity of XCOM: EU/EW that I appreciate. I've not gotten through a full game of War of the Chosen yet, though I do like what it has added overall. My only real issue with XCOM 2 is the overworld part of the game. Just feels like too many spinning plates. Combat is better and base building is about the same. As for Chimera Squad, it will be interesting to see if the ability to focus on story with set characters outweighs the loss of permadeath and customization. I do agree that at $10, it is absolutely worth trying out.

GameStop has the Nintendo Labo variety kit on sale for $25 the other day. It just arrived at my house today. Hoping it’ll be fun to do with the 4 year old since he likes building stuff.

Is Animal Crossing any good?

I’ve put more than 60 hours into it. It’s not for everybody, but if it’s for you you’ll love it.

It is some twee ass shit. So if you’re into Wes Anderson movies and Belle & Sebastian then you might like it.

Finished BioShock! That was outstanding.

Has anyone played the Uncharted series or Journey? They are free to download on the PS Store.

I really like uncharted. Definitely worth giving it a try since its free.

Finished BioShock! That was outstanding.

Has anyone played the Uncharted series or Journey? They are free to download on the PS Store.

Journey is really fun. Very different kind of game from what I play. Pretty chill.

I bought a PS3 just to play the original Uncharted. Totally worth it. They are all very good and get better as the series goes on. 2 and 4 are probably the best, but all worth playing. And Last of Us (same dev) is really excellent as well.

I haven't really played an AC game all the way through since the pirates one, but holy shit that looks dope, especially since I've been binge watching The Last Kingdom lately

i think this will be great but another brawler assassin; i loved Odyssey. one day i'd like another stealth-assassin story like Ezio

I wish assassins creed would introduce some variety in what you can do, it’s so damn repetitive in game and game to game. That’s why the pirate one was one of the better ones, it was different.

Do 10 people still stand around you in a circle and attack you one by one until there's none left?

Do 10 people still stand around you in a circle and attack you one by one until there's none left?

lol this has bothered me in most of the games too

weren't some of the most recent ones more RPG/open-world'ey at least? I've had it on my list to maybe check them out, would really like it if the viking one was similar.

I wish assassins creed would introduce some variety in what you can do, it’s so damn repetitive in game and game to game. That’s why the pirate one was one of the better ones, it was different.

yup, pirate one was a very refreshing change of pace, plus the music was so good

Back